Many of us homeschoolers are learning all year long. I don’t know about you but we buy school supplies more than just once a year. Back to school time is usually when you can find the best prices, but sometimes I need school supplies or craft supplies in December. That is when I turn to the Dollar Tree homeschool supplies. They also have plenty of craft supplies!
A couple of tips for buying from the Dollar Tree and my DISCLAIMER.
Some products have been said to contain harmful chemicals or other harmful materials at the Dollar store. I cannot confirm this information, but you should use caution. Buy/Use any of these items at your own risk. Also, this is not a complete list of what you should have to homeschool. This only contains things you could buy at the Dollar store to use as homeschool items. Obviously, some of these would be inferior to a higher quality counterpart. See disclaimer.
Some items may not be available at the store you decide to visit.
42 Dollar Tree Homeschool Supplies List
- Reward stickers
- Chore Charts
- Table name labels – these have cool things on them like a ruler, a multiplication chart, and more!
- Reward prizes – There are many small toys that you could use as a reward. Find some of them in the birthday party area. Usually, these would be given out for guests at a birthday party, but why not use them to play a game and offer a little reward. Like give them out while playing with flashcards My boys love to do this!
- Timed Worksheets
- Coloring books
- Posters – Great for projects like, lap books, crafts, science projects and more!
- Also, they have big poster boards – Great for making a sign like for yard sales. Yard sales can be great for teaching children money, selling, and reducing clutter.
- Multiplication flash cards
- Addition flash cards
- Subtraction flash cards
- Color/Number flash cards
- ABC flashcards
- Composition notebooks – Great idea for a daily diary for the kids. I have my boys write spelling words everyday, and write a short story.
- Kid scissors
- Permanent markers
- White out
- Construction paper
- Glitter – Put it on everything, make life sparkle as it should… Just kidding, it is great for crafts of course. 😉
- Magnifying glass
- Math dice
- Handwriting paper
- Drawing paper
- Dry erase markers
- Scrapbooking paper
- Die cut letters
- Kitchen timer
- Alphabet wall hangers
- Word stripes, printed and plain
- State Wall hangers
- Index cards/holders
Check out my other homeschool articles. I have gathered a lot of free resources go check them out too!
We have this great little craft thrift store here. We can get cheap supplies there too. I think the idea is genius! It gives us a place to donate old crafting materials we may not need. Also, the school and offices in our town found it is a useful place to drop off their old books and folders and other office supplies. Which is great for homeschoolers like us! I have gotten many books really cheap this way. I like reading textbooks, I know I am kinda weird like that, but it works out because I am homeschooling three boys so…
Anyhow, make sure to check the crafts, birthday, office supplies, and resource section for other cool supplies at the Dollar Tree! Some stores carry different items and it may change depending on the season. You might find some really cool items that they didn’t have in my store! If you find something cool not listed here please comment and let me know.
Let Me Know What You Think
Affiliate links ahead! See disclaimer.
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂