Great by itself, but I usually use this for casseroles and other dishes. Just tonight I made my famous ham and cheese casserole that uses my cheddar cheese soup recipe.
An alternative to canned cheese soup
I think the original recipe that I modified for the ham and cheese casserole called for canned cheese soup. Well, eww! Yes, I used to buy it, I do reluctantly admit to you. I stopped eating some ingredients that are found in the soup and quickly realized I would have to come up with something just as tasty and better for us to eat, because after all the ham and casserole cannot simply just disappear now. It is too good! 😉
Ideas to use this Cheese Soup Recipe:
Affiliate links ahead! See disclaimer. Cook/prepare/care for food properly!
Add jalapenos and use it on…
- Hot Dogs and chili
Cheddar Cheese Soup Recipe:
Cook/Prepare/Care food Properly! Please see disclaimer.
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 lb. Cheddar, shredded
- Saute onion in butter on medium high heat.
- Add in the flour and mix well.
- Pour in the Chicken broth slowly while stirring constantly.
- Now add in the milk, and keep stirring until the mixture become thicker.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup slightly. Or you can put half of it in a blender.
- Heat the soup up to boil once again, and then add the cheese.
- Stir well until the cheese is melted.
That’s it! Pretty simple right? Now go use this cheese soup power for the good. Spread it everywhere, and remember there is no such thing as too much cheese!
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂