If you haven’t had chicken marsala yet, you are in for a treat. You wouldn’t believe slow cooking chicken and mushroom in marsala wine for a couple hours would product so much flavor! The ingredients didn’t scream delicious. I assure you, this chicken marsala – slow cooker recipe is fantastic!
A New Favorite Way to Eat Chicken
I am sure you already have a favorite way to eat chicken. I think you should get ready to push it aside though. You will be stunned at the depth of the delicious flavor that is packed into this super simple dish! I had no idea why people were so crazy about because it didn’t seem like it was anything special. The ingredients didn’t scream delicious. I assure you, this recipe is fantastic!
The sauce which is mostly made up of Marsala cooking wine, ends up being absolutely divine. It is kind of like a brown gravy. It is not overly thick but it is rich in flavor. Marsala chicken is wonderful served over a bed of rice.
Chicken Marsala – Slow Cooker Recipe
Prepare/cook/care for food properly. Affiliate links below. See disclaimer.
- 12 oz Marsala Wine
- 4-5 Chicken Breasts, cubed
- 12 oz white button mushrooms, sliced thin
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Handful Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Grease your slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place into the slow cooker.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, and wine to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours.
- Mix cornstarch and water together.
- Stir into slow cooker.
- Turn heat up to high, cover and cook for 20 more minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂
Things to Get for this Recipe:
This post contains affiliate links. See disclaimer.
This post was shared on The Homesteader Hop.