For years I have cleaned with my trusty vinegar-water mix. I love it more than store bought cleaners any day. I didn’t think I would ever find something better. I did though. This DIY Citrus peel Cleaner can be made with orange, lemon or even grapefruit peels!
Best of all this DIY Citrus Peel Cleaner is super easy for me to make. The whole family loves it, because it cuts down on our cleaning time. Using up the citrus peels is a great way to reuse items around the homestead. These usually go right into the compost, but now I save them to make a super powerful cleaner.
DIY Citrus Peel Cleaner
- 1 quart jar with tight fitting lid
- Water to fill spray bottle
- Apple cider vinegar
- 1 large sprig of Rosemary
- Orange, lemon, or grapefruit peels, enough to fill jar
- Optional items cinnamon sticks, cloves
- Put orange peels into the jar.
- Add rosemary, (cloves, and cinnamon, optional*)
- Pour in the vinegar to cover the citrus peels.
- Place tight fitting lid on.
- Store in a dark place for at least 2 weeks
- Strain the liquid.
- Place citrus vinegar into a spray bottle half way.
- Add water to fill up the rest of the half.
Citrus cleaners work great in the kitchen and bathroom. I love that it remove the stink from my boy’s bathroom! Another great reason to love this cleaner is that it doesn’t take very long to remove stuck on bits.
Vinegar is great at cleaning but just vinegar and water, needs to sit on grease, food, pee etc…for 5-10 minutes before wiping it off. This DIY Citrus Peel Cleaner only need a few minutes or less. That’s right it saves me time when cleaning. What’s not to love about that?
The Frugal Girls have a list of 46 Homemade Cleaners + Tips! It’s pretty impressive. I love all the different cleaners we can make right at home!
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂