So I don’t know about you, but store bought perfumes make me sick. I am allergic to most scents found in them. My throat gets tight, and the sneezes start. My eyes and nose might water too. I wish I could tell people that some people are allergic to perfume, or that some just do not appreciate being assaulted by their perfume and to use less…much less!
Chem Trail Attack
I am tired of being sick. When I walk by someone who is wearing store bought perfume, I feel like I have been attacked by a chem trail. Basically, I have. Do you feel this way also? Tell me I am not alone! Store bought perfumes have tons of toxic chemicals in them. It’s obvious some of the companies making these perfumes don’t care about our health or well being.
DIY Roll-On Perfume
Once you see how easy it is to make your own ROll-ON Perfume, you won’t go back! There is no shame in ditching the expensive, toxic, perfume, and start making your own right at home. It only takes a couple of minutes. You can cater the scents to your preference too. I use essential oils to help make mine smell delicious! The great thing about using essential oils is that you can determine what you want to smell like. You can also avoid some scents that irritate you. I am not just talking about dangerous chemicals, sometimes essential oils can cause adverse conditions also. For instance, I do not fair well with lemongrass essential oil. It causes the same symptoms that I described earlier with regular perfume. Making my own perfume, I can use what I know will not cause an allergic reaction.
The recipe I am sharing with you today is simple and has only three ingredients! I bought these roll-on bottles on Amazon. I will be sharing my affiliate links so that you can find them. These are amber bottles that are fairly small, and the perfect size for a little perfume! They work really well for this job!
Consult a physician before using essential oils. Do not ingest. The information found here is not meant to treat, cure or prevent any diseases, disorders, or any other sickness. Affiliate links below. See disclaimer.
DIY Roll-On Perfume Recipe
You will need:
- Coconut oil ( I like this one) – enough to fill up the bottle
- Lavender Essential Oil (This is the one I use) – 2-3 drops
- Lemon Essential Oil – 2-3 drops
- Fill up you bottle halfway with coconut oil
- Add in the essential oils.
- Smell it. Does it smell good?
- If you can barely smell it add a little more essential oil to the bottle until you are satisfied.
- Finish filling up the bottle with coconut oil.
- Roll the bottle between your palms to mix it well.
Want to see more recipes for homemade perfume? My friends have a couple of recipes I think you would like.
- Here is one from Wellness Mama, Homemade Herbal Perfume
- Coconut Mama has an inspirational perfume made with vanilla bean, vodka, and essential oils! Sounds divine! Homemade Perfume Roll-Ons
- Check out Our Heritage of Health’s, Citrus Lavender Perfume! Yum!
- How about these awesome Scented Sachets from Martha Stewart? You could do a sleepy time one for yourself or for children maybe. They are also great in a sock drawer, or they could make great gifts!
DIY roll-on perfume is fun and easy to make. Did you like this recipe? What essential oil combination are you going to put in your perfume?
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂