EDC stands for everyday carry
We might carry some makeup, wallet, and sunglasses in our purse, but these things are not helpful in the event of an accident or disaster. I keep a bug out bag in my vehicle and in my house. If I am away from both of those things, let’s say in a department store and a tornado sweeps through, I may need some emergency items. Especially, if I am stuck in the building.
These items are going to be different depending on the individual. Think about what you want to prepare for and what you need to prepare for. Location is important when thinking about what to EDC. You may want to take into account natural disasters that happen near you. Some places have a lot of fires, some tornados. Keep this in mind while you compile your list for your EDC. Your job will also be a big part of what you should carry and what you CAN carry.
Your employer may not allow some of these items on the premises so do your homework before deciding on what to carry!
Affiliate links ahead! See disclaimer. Please do your research before deciding on a good list for an EDC. Some items may vary. For example, some people may need medicine.
You don’t have to go and buy a special bag just for this. This stuff can just go into your purse. You may need to buy a bigger purse, but don’t have too much stuff or have you purse be too heavy or too big!
Affiliate links are included in this post! Please do your research to determine what will be good for you and your family! See disclaimer.
My everyday carry list – EDC for Women
- Phone – To call for help
- Wallet – Of course, right? Identification will be easier if you need medical help in an emergency if you have your ID on you.
- Pocket knife – research about laws in your area, some states don’t allow you to buy certain knives from other states, and other restrictions (take action at your own risk)
- Paracord keychain – this one is special, it comes with needle, wire, aluminum foil, tinder, fire starter, fishing lines, fishing hooks, weights, and swivels.
- Pen – You may need to write something down that is important.
- Lighter – this lighter has the Tesla power, it is on my wish list!
- Feminine products – pads and tampons or whatever you can fit in your purse. Not only used for obvious intentions, but also as bandages if needed!
- Chap balm – There is never a time when I wanted to be stranded away from my chap balm!
- Power cell to charge a cell phone
- Gun – if you so choose, and are legally able to (you are responsible for your own actions)
- Foldable scissors (Slip-N-Snip)
- Tiny little can opener – Haha, it is tiny. Okay they don’t call it that. This is a P-51, military can opener. They are handy little things, and they are pretty cheap to buy!
- Snacks/Food – Something lightweight, like freeze dried food. It should be something that will last a long time and won’t go bad in your purse. You may get hungry when you are stranded.
- Small first aid kit, bandages, gauze, antibacterial ointment etc…
Items I keep in a little tin
Most people use an Altoids tin, but I also have one that I use is round, from Trader Joe’s. You can find these at the checkout counter. They have chocolate in them originally! Two birds with one stone. A new tin, and I get to eat chocolate! These are the items I put in my little tin.
Affiliate links ahead! Just a heads up before you click on anything. See disclaimer for more info!
- Alcohol Swabs
- Small amount of money
- Rubber bands – dollar store is a great place to get these items but be careful and do proper research on any items you will depend on in an emergency.
- Paper clips
- Bobby pins
- Safety pins
- Travel bottle of Lotion
- Sewing needle and thread – dollar store
I also bought these little plastic containers from the dollar store. I was storing something else in them, but they have been empty for quite sometime, so I thought I would fill them up too just like I filled the chocolate tin. The lotion bottles actually fit into these unlike in the tin.
I would like to get a multi tool for my purse also. I have some in my bug out bags, but that was all I had. Leatherman brand has some smaller ones, I am thinking of trying.
Affiliate links are included in this post! Also, please do your research for your everyday carry. Take action at your own risk. See disclaimer.
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂