My favorite lunch…is egg salad
Egg salad sandwiches are probably one of my most favorite lunches. It just tastes so good! I remember working in a tiny little deli downtown over ten years ago. I would get to have anything I desired for lunch for free. I would always pick the egg salad. It seemed like my boss had the perfect recipe.
Just the right amount of pepper added was all it really needed. These make great lunches for kids and adults alike. They are quick, easy, and frugal!
Affiliate links ahead! See disclaimer. Cook/prepare/care for food properly!
- 6 Eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 2-3 Tbsp Mayo
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1/4 cup of dill pickle relish, (fermented pickles are great in this recipe!)
- Salt and Pepper to taste *I like to add a lot of pepper* Yum!
- I like to cut the eggs in half and put the yolks in a bowl as if I am going to make deviled eggs. This will make it easier to chop up the egg white into little cubes
- Put all of the ingredients into a bowl, and combine.
- Add more mayo or mustard if needed. The mixture should be creamy. Not runny though. You do not want it running of the bread!
I like to eat this by itself or put it between two (Homemade) bread slices!
You could add more to this Egg Salad…
You do not even have to add anything to the bread other than the egg salad! It is so good by itself. Although, if you would like to add bacon, I am sure no one would complain! Lettuce and tomatoes are some good options too BLTE?? or BELT??(Bacon, lettuce, tomato, Egg.) A belt sandwich sounds right up my alley!
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂