My son has a birthday in October. We usually end up doing a Halloween themed birthday party. This year, I let him pick out the decorations. We had a lot of fun decorating, and making these awesome cupcakes.
The cupcakes I made with a special ingredient that made them not only tastier but also more healthy!
Healthier Cupcake Recipe
Walmart has some cute little cupcake decorating sets. I should have sprung into buying some icing. I had another idea in mind, but I forgot all about it and ended up buying the wrong toppers. Any who, they are not the best looking cupcakes but you can decorate yours any way you want!
- 11⁄2 cups flour
- *1/2 cup of Decadent Blend Chia & Flax Seed
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Prepare/Cook/Care for food properly. See disclaimer.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Line your muffin pan with muffin papers.
- Add sugar and butter to a medium sized bowl.
- Mix well until creamy.
- Add eggs in one at a time and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix flour, decadent blend, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add the flour mix, milk, and vanilla extract, slowly into the creamy mixture.
- Mix well.
- Fill the muffin cups about 1⁄2 or 3⁄4 full.
- Cook for about 18 – 20 minutes.
- Let cool, before decorating.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
Halloween Party Tutorial
First, pick out your plates, cups, and tablecloth.
Next, plan the cake. Either bake one yourself or put one on order. We ordered this adorable cake at Publix.
Go to the Halloween section, and pick out some cauldrons, or buckets like the trick or treat one in the photo. Put some candy in these!
Also, pick up some cute battery powered lights to place down the middle of the table. Use clear plastic tape and tape them on. Then, set the table up with all of the decorations, plates, napkins, and candy.
Make sure to get the kids and adults to dress up. This year I dressed in a black dress and put a witch hat on for a cheap and easy costume. The kids loved it!
Make sure you remember to take pictures! You don’t want to do all of this work for nothing!
If you are doing your own makeup for the party check out this cool YouTube Halloween makeup tutorial!
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂