Herb and spice blends bought from the store may contain additives, MSG, and sometimes even wheat. Making homemade curry spice mix is a great way to control the ingredients.
Searching for a great recipe using curry sauce? Try mulligatawny. It’s a family favorite!
Buying Herbs and Spices
Have you ever bought spices in bulk? I use a company called Frontier, and I buy them from Amazon. Who doesn’t like shopping on Amazon?
Frontier offers a great variety of herbs and spices in bulk, with great prices on regular and organics items. I worked in the natural foods grocery industry for many years, and this was the sought after brand for their bulk bins.
I always enjoyed using Frontier, and I never had any problems with them. In the recipe below I will be linking to their products via Amazon. These will be affiliate links.
Homemade Curry Spice Mix
Affiliate links below. See disclaimer.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Place in an airtight container for storage.
Opening the jar lets in air. This can reduce the life of your spices and herbs! So it is best to store most of the spice mix in a larger airtight jar, if you make a bulk batch of spice mix. Have a smaller jar you use for cooking.
How to Grow Your Own Herbs and Spices
- Natural living ideas – 10 Spices You’ll be Amazed You Can Grow at Home
- Reader’s Digest – Growing Herbs: The 10 Best for a Home Garden
- Spark people – How to Grow Your Own Herbs for Cooking
- Apartment Guide – Grow an Indoor Spice Garden
Preserving and making spices and herbs
- About – How to dry and store herbs
- Honest food How to make homemade paprika
- Wellness Mama – How to make garlic, onion and chili powder
- Getty Stewart – How to make Homemade Cayenne Pepper
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂