This is one of my favorite ways to eat chicken. It is so delicious and super simple to make. I am going to share how to make this great mediterranean chicken recipe using either frozen and/or refrigerated chicken breast. Most of the time, when I buy chicken at the grocery store, I bring it home and throw it in the freezer. I don’t want raw chicken and all those juices in the package hanging around in my fridge near my raw vegetables. That is just ew!
Make some homemade seasoning, it is quick and easy!
To start we first need to make the super easy homemade mediterranean spice mix. It only takes a couple of minutes to throw some herbs and spices together. Check out that recipe for the spice mix and come back for directions on cooking the chicken!
Mediterranean Chicken Recipe:
Affiliate links ahead! See disclaimer. Cook/prepare/care for food properly!
- Chicken breast, boneless/skinless, frozen
- Mediterranean spice mix
- 1-2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Preheat oven 350º F
- Cover bottom of pan in tin foil, for easier cleanup
- Place chicken breast on pan.
- Set timer for 30/15 (frozen/refrigerated), place chicken in oven.
- While waiting mix 1 Tbsp of the spice mix with 1 Tbsp or more of olive oil.
- Carefully, using pot holders, pull the chicken out of the oven .
- Brush the spice mix and oil over the chicken.
- Place back in the oven for 30/15 (frozen/refrigerated) more minutes.
- Next, check the temperature of the chicken. Bring it up to 165º F.
- Brush again with the spices, make sure to mix some in a new bowl and wash the brush or use a new one, so you don’t cross contaminate from raw to cooked chicken.
Prepare/Cook/Care for food properly. See disclaimer.
This chicken is great all by itself, with rice and vegetables on the side. We also like to have it on sandwiches, in chicken salad and wraps! I like to make chicken salad with it also. (Recipe coming soon for the chicken salad)
Another one of my favorite ways to eat chicken is when I make Chicken Marsala. I will be writing a recipe very soon for that too! I urge you to check it out when it is available.
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂