It has been raining here a lot lately. I have been struggling to keep the kids busy and entertained. I wanted to look for some rainy day activities for kids. So I took to amazon to find some new fun things for the kiddos to do. I found a couple things I thought they might like. I thought that I would share with all of you. I also, wanted share some things that we have been doing to keep busy! Here is a list of Outdoor summer activities for kids for the wonderful sunny days!
Below, is a list of Amazon items. Number 1 on the list is something that we have here. You can play checkers, Tic Tac Toe with it. The boys love it. My husband loves to play along with the boys. My youngest boy seems to be beating everyone in Tic Tac Toe (even Daddy!) It seems he taught him a little too well!
A few ideas from my house
We have a whole slew of board games. Most families do. This is a given of course, but I thought I would add it!
Also, below is a Spirograph #4. I had one of these as a kid, and I loved it! If you have a kid that loves to draw. He/she may love this. We got one for my son’s birthday. All of the boys like to experiment with it!
You could do a movie day. If you want you could try and use Netflix and do educational documentaries. I am working on a post right now about Netflix documentaries. I hope for it to be done soon, but I am watching most of them and writing a little excerpt to help families know if they are okay for their children. I will not be fool proof, because every family is different in what they may let their children watch. When the post is done I will try to put a link here so you can check it out.
Source: Fix.com Blog
One thing that I do is put Halloween costumes in a toy bin. These are great for a rainy day, or any day. My boys love to dress up. They do it several times a week! If the kids get too bored, they can always do chores! I bet they will love any of these rainy day activities for kids after you mention chores.
25 Items you can find on Amazon for fun rainy day ideas!
The links below are affiliate links! See disclaimer.
2. Wooden Disk Drop Game – It’s like plinko!
3. Bean bag & Washer Toss – I love this game, even as an adult!
Try this Dirt ‘n’ Worm activity! It looks like a lot of fun!
Source: Fix.com Blog
5. Build a Fort – Who doesn’t love to build a fort? This kit makes it simple!
6. Play Mat – Giant Road – You could buy one, or tape up and draw on a cardboard box. I once made a whole city! Confession: The kids hardly played with it. I put some much work into it! Next time I will just get the little mat!
7. Wooden Tower Marble Ball Slide Track Game – This is a marble game. It looks pretty cool!
8. Mega Marbles – JUPITER MARBLES NET (1 Shooter Marble & 24 Player Marbles) Here are 9. some awesome looking marbles! They have many more color patterns too!
9.Mega Marbles Marble Game Mat Set Another marbles activity
10. Amazing Train Table – I saw this table a long time ago, and just fell in love. It is so awesome! Especially, if you have a kid that loves trains!
11. Complete Cooking Set – This cooking set looked really cool
12.Mud Pie Kitchen – Might as well add a little kitchen to the cooking set! Great for indoor or outdoor fun!
13. Indoor Outdoor Cooktop – This cooktop would work well in the little mud pie kitchen also!
I like the idea of decorating the bottles myself. I know the boys would love bowling with them! Our laundry room is thin and long, sounds perfect for making our very own indoor bowling alley! If you have a long hallway, you can do this too!
Source: Fix.com Blog
14. K’nex 705 piece – K’nex is, it is a really awesome building set. I am get my son this for his Birthday!
20. Kidoozie Washable Activity Play Mat Toy – This looks fun, and you can reuse it!
18. Art Spinner – Remember these? Oh man! I loved this! The boys love to do art, and I showed them this on Amazon and they thought it looked awesome. I hope to get one for them so they can see how fun it is!
19. Color A Flower Bag – This bag would be so fun to color on a rainy day. It is something I would have a blast doing!
16. Craft Loop ‘N Loom – You probably made a pot holder at school with one of these. You could make lots of things like, a keychain, purse, and more!
Source: Fix.com Blog
17. Wooden Counting Box – An educational learning tool. I thought this was awesome. We have been using pens or rubber bands to count. I love this box and it has a really low price on it, for what it is (In my Opinion.)
15. Large “My Town” Play Mat with Airport, Town, Train Tracks and Roads – Another playmat. I thought this one looked really awesome.
21. Make Your Own Beeswax Candle Kit – I love making candles. I have made beeswax candles before and I love them! I know the kids would love
22. Granny Squares Crochet Kit – My boys have been asking to learn how to crochet, ever since I made them scarves! I hope to get to doing this, maybe this summer!
23. Balloon Animals Modelling Kit – How fun would this be!
24 Stained Glass Frame Set– Another childhood pastime of mine! We have done some of these before. We painted some and gave some to my father in-law last year for Father’s day!
25. 4M Recycled Paper Beads Kit – Make beads out of paper!
Last idea for rainy day activities for kids…
There are several cool ideas here. Hopefully you will find a couple here that you and your children will like to do on a rainy day. Another tip I have for you is to go to the library and pick up some books. My kids love to read! We have been going to the library for a while now. We check out 50 books at a time! Can you believe it? I am pretty sure we get on the librarians nerves. They do not love have to scan every single book in and out. Maybe they need a better system? Anyway, with all these new books coming in, the boys have found that they all like different kinds of books. My middle child likes comics. My older son is like me and reads for informational purposes, and the youngest likes comics and fiction.
I think It is really cool that they have grown a passion for reading. My youngest sat around reading all day the other day. Just because he wanted to. I could not believe it. I never thought this would happen. They are required to read for 20 minutes everyday, and they read when doing school work. They have grown a natural love for learning and reading through homeschool. This makes me such a happy mom!
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂