This sandwich has tang
My Roasted Portabella Sandwich is tangy, and cheesy, on a hot, toasted bread! These roasted mushrooms are amazing to eat all by themselves! I can hardly keep from eating them all up before I make them into something even better.
I served them to my children. My middle child said, “What is this?” I told him mushrooms and he said oh it is kind of like meat. I said exactly! They are very meaty little things! Great observation there homeschooled child. 😉
Affiliate links ahead! See disclaimer. Cook/prepare/care for food properly!
Roasted Portabella Sandwich:
This will make 6-7 sandwiches on a bigger slice of bread like my homemade bread.
- 1 pkg (about 4 tops) Portabella Mushrooms, sliced long ways thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced long ways thin
- 1 pkg sliced Provolone Cheese
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- a pinch (or three) of baby spinach
- Balsamic Vinaigrette – for drizzling and dipping* (easy recipe below)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 325º.
- In a bowl, place the mushrooms and bell pepper, olive oil, and salt and pepper and mix well. Add more oil if they look really dry still. I don’t always measure I just try to eyeball it. So I may be off on my estimate. Sorry!
- Roast mushrooms and bell pepper for about 20 – 25 minutes, turning them about halfway through. I usually just give them a rough stir around.
- Heat up panini grill. Or you could use a frying pan if you like.
- Place bread on the grill and let it get toasted. This step is important! You do not want soggy bread!
- Once your bread is toasted, turn the bread over and place a slice of provolone on each slice of bread.
- Now, place the mushrooms, bell pepper and then the baby spinach.
- Drizzle a bit of balsamic vinaigrette and close up the sandwich and grill it for just a few more minutes, or until the cheese is melted!
- Serve and enjoy!
Don’t forget to dip!
I love to get a little cup and put some balsamic vinaigrette to dip with. I also, purchased some balsamic vinegar at Trader Joe’s. I looked up the ingredients to make it and it is basically olive oil, and garlic and that is all. Some I made the vinaigrette myself. I account this to the sandwiches being really awesome.
Making Balsamic vinaigrette is easy! 123…
If you want to make your own just do one part balsamic vinegar, to 2 parts olive oil, and a couple cloves of garlic minced. I put mine in a little bowl with a lid. Then I shake it! Shake until the oil is mixed well with the balsamic.
I purchased my balsamic vinegar at Trader Joe’s.
I hope you love this recipe. Thank you so much for stopping by, and please come back soon!
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂