CLASSIC T.V. dinner style recipe
When I was a kid I used to eat the little T.V. dinner with Salisbury Steak with mashed potatoes and gravy. It was so good! Now you can have that right at home! I have made a mock Salisbury Steak Recipe of the way the t.v dinner tasted. I love to cook the foods that I used to eat when I was a kid. Cooking them from scratch instead of buying processed food is so much better for you.
Salisbury Steak Recipe:
Affiliate links ahead! See disclaimer. Cook/prepare/care for food properly!
- 8 Hamburger Patties
- 8 oz white button mushrooms (*optional)
- 2 -3 tbsp Grease
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- pinch or two Salt
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- Cook burgers according to package directions and saute mushrooms. Set burgers aside. Leave 3 Tbsp of grease in pan to make gravy.
- For the gravy. Add flour to the hot grease. Stir briskly until combined. Next, slowly add Worcestershire sauce when combined then add beef broth and salt to mixture while continually stirring! Cook on medium high until gravy thickens up.
- Add the burgers back to the pan, heat thoroughly and serve! Side ideas: Mashed potatoes, corn or green beans!
This is really so tasty. My kids and husband approve of this recipe. It is definitely one of our favorites. I do not get to make it very often though. Hamburger meat has gotten so expensive! I try to keep most of my dinners for all of us around $5. Breakfast and lunch are usually even less than that. If you are interested how to do that it is really easy. Here is the Stretching ground beef post. It only takes one ingredient. Go try it out!
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂