Castor oil is absolutely amazing. You will be surprised at all of the benefits of castor oil. I have used it on spider bites, oil pulling, brushing teeth, small infections, and more. See the stories below to see what happened when I used castor oil on all of these situations.
How I use Castor Oil
I just wanted to share how I am using castor oil first. I use it in my toothpaste! It cleans very well. It is antimicrobial, antiviral, antifungal, anti inflammatory, and analgesic. It is also edible! Regular toothpaste is not safe to swallow, most of them say on the label that if swallowed to seek medical help or call poison control. I am not sure about you but that is not something I want to put in my mouth knowing that it could possibly be absorbed and/or swallowed! My teeth and mouth feel/taste clean! It also seems like my teeth are whiter.
Word to the wise, castor oil is a strong laxative, many use it to relieve constipation! So if you do brush your teeth with it or take it orally just be careful about how much you swallow! I only use 3-4 drops to brush with. I believe the dosage is about 1/2 tsp, but consult with your doctor or healthcare professional.
I have also been using it to do some oil pulling. I see that a lot of people are using coconut and olive oil, but I think castor has many extra benefits. I swish it around for about twenty minutes. I should be doing it twice a day but I am doing good if I do it once a day! I am trying to work it into my schedule but I am already seeing results! I have some cavities and they are looking and feeling better!
These statements have not been reviewed by the FDA. These benefits are not meant to cure, prevent or treat any disease or disorder. Please see disclaimer.
A spider bite…
I also want to tell you about this time I got what I believe was a spider bite on my inner thigh. It was itchy, really itchy and painful! A couple of days went by and I was very worried, it kept getting bigger and redder. I was scared that a poisonous spider bit me, seriously that is how bad it looked! I had never really tried castor oil on anything like this before, but for some reason I just thought why not try? So I did. The itch immediately went away.
A small infection…
I will say if you compare the prices and quantities, it would be much cheaper and probably healthier to use castor oil!
These statements have not been reviewed by the FDA. These benefits are not meant to cure, prevent or treat any disease. Please see disclaimer.
Benefits of castor oil:
- Arthritis – *See how to make a heating pack below
- Constipation Relief – Consult a physician/package for directions
- Sore Muscles – *See how to make a heating pack
- Warts, moles, and cysts – *See how to make an overnight pack
- Stretch marks – *Use an overnight pack, see below
- Itching – Rub some castor oil on the affected area
- Hair growth – Increase hair growth by massage it into scalp for several minutes
- Calluses and Corns – *See how to make and overnight pack
A couple more ideas…
There is some talk about castor oil having a drying effect. It is said that castor oil could help with eye styes, but if it has a drying effect be very careful. Also, because of some of its properties it could help with wrinkles, and dark circles under the eyes, split hair ends, and sometimes added to mascaras to help them grow and be thicker.
Castor Oil Heating Pack
Don’t fall asleep using this. Use at your own risk…
- Take a piece of cotton flannel or a cotton ball and soak it in castor oil.
- Cover the cotton with plastic wrap
- Apply a heating pad, the plastic wrap will serve as a guard so it doesn’t get on the heating pad!
Castor Oil Overnight Pack
- Use a piece of cotton flannel or a cotton ball
- Wrap it it in plastic wrap
- Then wrap it in a non adhesive bandage to keep it all in place or you could use medical tape, but that stuff is hard & painful to get off! OUCH!
These statements have not been reviewed by the FDA. These benefits are not meant to cure, prevent or treat any disease. It is advised that you seek the advice of a doctor or other healthcare professional before using castor oil, if you are pregnant, lactating, or breastfeeding, if you have intestinal problems, pain in the abdomen, or appendicitis! See disclaimer. Thank you!
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂