For a healthier breakfast
Cook/prepare/care for food properly! Please see disclaimer.
Whole Wheat Biscuits Recipe:
- 2 Cups whole wheat flour – I love Trader Joe’s Brand
- 4 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp cold butter
- 1 Cup milk
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut up the butter, small and diced
- Mix the butter into the flour mixture
- Stir in the milk, and mix until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough, a few times while still in the bowl.
- Dust your work area with flour
- Roll out the dough and cut. I use a cup turned upside down to cut my Biscuits!
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 450 for 10 -12 minutes.
These are surprisingly good for being whole wheat, but if you are looking for a scrumptious buttery biscuit I have just the recipe for you! Butter Biscuit Recipe
I was very surprised last time I made these. One of my boys said they kinda taste like pancakes. They kinda forgot about these biscuits. For a couple of months we have been making the butter biscuits. Shame on us. They are so good! Plus they are much better than store bought.
Store bought biscuits have to have preservative added and these do not. You will either eat what you make and/or freeze them.
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂