When my babies were little, they had the most sensitive skin. They had bouts of eczema. Trying to find products that didn’t break them out was pretty impossible. That’s why I made up my own baby wipes recipe.
Eventually, I figured out how to make my own.
Store-bought wipes can contain 10 or more ingredients.
Homemade wipes only have a handful of ingredients!
I also make homemade hand sanitizer with aloe vera.
Adding Essential Oils to Baby Wipes
I haven’t included essential oils in my recipe. The reasoning is simple.
I’m allergic to many commonly used oils, and other ingredients that are suggested. For example, my skin is not calmed by lavender or chamomile, it’s quite the opposite.
I love the way they smell, but my skin hates them!
You can add essential oils if you like. However, if you’re using cloth diapers, it’s usually better to leave them out.
Homemade Baby Wipes Recipe
- 1 roll of heavy-duty paper towels. These should be thick and strong.
- Plastic coffee can, empty
You can also use an old baby wipe container or any other container of this size. If using a rectangular container (cuboid) instead of a circular container (cylinder), you will have to unroll the paper towel and lay them in one fold at a time.
It’s rare but some people are allergic to aloe vera. I encourage you to consult with a doctor before using homemade care products on a baby or child.
- 1 Tsp liquid castile soap, unscented
- 1 Tbsp aloe vera gel or use fresh aloe from your plants
- 1 Tbsp pure witch hazel
- 1 Tbsp vitamin E oil
- 1 3/4 cups distilled water
- Cut the paper towel roll in half.
- Place the one half of the paper towel cut side down in the coffee can.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Pour ingredients over the top of the baby wipes.
- Place the lid on, and swish the liquid around carefully.
- Then, allow to sit and absorb for at least 10 minutes.
The homemade baby wipes are now ready to be used!
Other Homemade Wipes
Its fun to make homemade wipes isn’t it?
Of course, we’ve used these baby wipes to clean up just about anything. Especially, knowing they are fairly cheap to make.
I gawk at the wipe prices at the store and think, wow I make mine for pennies on the dollar!
Reusable Baby Wipes Recipe
You can use this same recipe and make reusable homemade baby wipes.
Instead of using paper towels, you can use old t-shirts. Just cut them into the desired size, and complete the recipe.
Follow us on social media!
Have questions? Leave me a comment!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂
Share on Pinterest!