We love this fajita recipe. We have them about once a week. I love how easy these are to make. The boys love how they can customize them to their liking.
What Meat to Use for Fajitas?
We are a family of five. My husband and I have three teenage boys. Needless to say, we don’t buy expensive meat.
We tend to be on a strict grocery budget. I buy some of the cheapest meat I can find. I’ve tried other cuts even more expensive ones.
However, my favorite cut of meat for making this fajita recipe is Milanesa. I tenderize it, and it never comes out chewy, like I’ve experienced with other meats.
You can also use a sizzle, skirt, rump, or flank steak. I’ve used sizzle steak too, it’s just a smidge more expensive than the Milanesa.
However, I tend to prefer the Milanesa over the sizzle steak, the texture is better.
I use frozen hamburgers in my Salisbury Steak Recipe. I might be a weirdo, but they are really good.
Best Beef Fajita Recipe
- 3-4 green bell peppers, chopped roughly
- 1-2 large onions, large slices
- 1.5 lbs. Milanesa or sizzle steak
- 1 Tbsp salt (give or take)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 Tsp paprika
- 1 Tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tsp Dale’s Sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 10 or more tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- Sour cream *optional
- Lettuce *optional
- Tomatoes *optional
- Refried bean *optional
- Place one slice of the Milanesa on a cutting board.
- Sprinkle it with salt
- Using the spikey side of a meat tenderizer, pound the meat.
- Then, turn the hammer over and use the flat side, to smooth it out.
- Repeat steps 1-4 until you’ve gotten all of the meat tenderized.
- Next slice the meat into small strips.
- Mix the meat, chopped veggies, and the rest of the ingredients in a large marinating container.
- Allow to marinate at least 30 minutes up to 6 hours.
- Then, place the meat and veggies mix into a cast iron pan, and place it on medium to medium-high heat.
- Stir occasionally.
- Cook until meat is done, and everything is hot and bubbly.
- Wrap the tortillas in a flour sack, or something similar and microwave for 1 minute.
- Lastly, construct the fajitas using the tortillas, meat and cheese mixture, and top with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream.
- Enjoy and serve!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
More Fajita Recipes
Follow us on social media!
Have questions? Leave me a comment!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂
Share on Pinterest!