This is a great Breakfast Burrito Recipe. It is pretty basic though. you can add or take away any ingredients. This can give you an idea of what to put into your burritos. You may want to add some herbs or spices or maybe sausage (like this recipe)? I actually freeze these, and all I have to do is reheat for breakfast. I am all about simple breakfast items, although most of my items are quick also, but these have to be reheated in the oven for 40 minutes. I prefer to have these on the weekend when there is less time constraints!
Let’s get started on the Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- 4-5 red potatoes, large, diced
- 1-2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes just until they are fork tender
- Place oil in a large skillet on med-low heat
- Saute the onions and bell pepper together
- Then add in the potatoes
- Cook until the potatoes are a little crispy
- You can add a little bit of flour
- Once crispy enough set them aside
- 1.5 Lbs. ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 dozen large eggs, scrambled
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- Small to medium size tortillas. I use the small tortilla for the kids and the medium ones for big daddy (my husband.)
- Combine all of the ingredients together, except the cheese into one container.
- It helps if you use a measuring cup to fill the burritos. They will cook more evenly if they are all the same size.
- 1/4 cup of filling for small tortilla
- 1/2 cup filling for medium tortilla