This is my most favorite biscuit recipe! They freeze and reheat well! I like to have biscuits on hand. It is best to have ready to go items for breakfast. I don’t operate much until after the coffee has been made, poured and consumed! I know many people are the same. When you are a parent most of the time we do not have much choice to get up and immediately getting going. If you are looking for a healthier biscuit recipe, check out my whole wheat biscuit recipe!
Butter Biscuit Recipe:
- 2 cups Self-Rising Flour
- 1/3 Shortening
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 TBSP Butter, melted
- Mix flour and shortening together briefly
- Stir in buttermilk and mix until dough forms.
- Roll out the dough on clean surface area, that is dusted with flour.
- Cut out the biscuits, I turn a cup upside down and use that to cut them.
- Bake at 450, for 10-15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and brush with melted butter!
After they cool down, I freeze what we do not eat. These are great for a quick easy breakfast. Pop them in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, or reheat them briefly in the oven. I usually brush them with butter again after reheating them!
Oh they freeze great if you just throw them into a plastic zip bag. I do not use any freezer paper. They do not have any problems usually of sticking together.
I sure hope that you enjoy this recipe!
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂