Who doesn’t love flaky buttery biscuits? They freeze and reheat well! I like to have biscuits on hand. It’s best to have ready to go items for breakfast. I don’t operate much until after the coffee has been made, poured and consumed! You’re sure to love my Butter Biscuits Recipe too!
I know many people are the same. When you’re a parent most of the time we don’t have much choice to get up and immediately getting going. If you’re looking for a healthier biscuit recipe, check out my whole wheat biscuit recipe!
Butter Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- Mix flour and shortening together briefly
- Stir in buttermilk and mix until dough forms.
- Roll out the dough on clean surface area, that is dusted with flour.
- Cut out the biscuits, I turn a cup upside down and use that to cut them.
- Bake at 450, for 10-15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and brush with melted butter!
- After they cool down, I freeze what we don’t eat. These are great for a quick easy breakfast. Pop them in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, or reheat them briefly in the oven. I usually brush them with butter again after reheating them!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 147Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 9mgSodium 290mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 3g
For the most accurate nutritional information, you should calculate the nutritional value of each ingredient yourself. These calculations are provided by a third party and are not expected to be exact. You are solely responsible for ensuring the nutritional information you use is accurate.
Freezer Instructions For Biscuits Recipe
After the butter biscuits cool down, they can be popped in the freezer to eat later.
Freezing the biscuits is not only easy, it can help busy moms make a hand-free breakfast! Let the kids heat them up if they are old enough to run a microwave. Then, they can add their favorite jam!
This is perfect for those busy mornings when everyone is expected to go to work and/or school! There are plenty of things to do, and breakfast isn’t one of them!
To properly freeze these biscuits, all you really need is a plastic freezer bag. You typically don’t even need to wrap them in freezer paper or wax paper. Biscuits don’t usually stick together in the freezer, so that’s no issue.
Pop the biscuits in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, or reheat them briefly in the oven. I usually brush them with butter again after reheating them, because deliciousness that’s why!
Thank you for stopping by! I sure hope that you enjoy this recipe! Leave me a comment if you try it, I’d love to hear how it went.
More Breakfast Recipe
- Sausage Potato Breakfast Casserole
- Fresh Vegetable Frittata
- Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Breakfast Burrito
- Breakfast Burrito With Bell Pepper Cream Sauce
Follow Us On Social Media!
Have questions? Leave me a comment!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂
Share On Pinterest!