My cheddar cheese soup recipe is great to use for broccoli and cheese, and different casserole dishes. Just tonight I made my famous ham and cheese casserole that uses my recipe.
The kids will never know that this recipe has onions. It’s immersion blended, so they won’t be seen, and the cheese soup doesn’t taste oniony at all.
Two of my kids, absolutely hate cooked onions! However, they love this soup!
I think it’s hilarious to watch them eat foods they say they hate and say “Mm mmmm”!
Ways To Use Cheddar Cheese Soup
Foods To Add This Soup To
You can add jalepénos to your cheese soup to give it a little kick!
- Nachos or tortilla chips
- Hot dogs and chili
Casseroles That You Can Use This Recipe With
- Easy Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- Ham and Cheese Casserole
- Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe
- Macaroni and Cheese
Cheddar Cheese Soup Recipe
With only 6 ingredients you can make an amazing cheesy soup recipe that has endless possibilities!
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups milk
- 1 lb. cheddar (shredded)
- Saute onion in butter on medium high heat.
- Add in the flour and mix well.
- Pour in the chicken broth slowly while stirring constantly.
- Then add the milk in slowly, and keep stirring until the mixture become thicker.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup slightly.
- Heat the soup up to boil once again, and then add the cheese.
- Stir well until the cheese is melted.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 469Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 21gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 107mgSodium 1081mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 23g
For the most accurate nutritional information, you should calculate the nutritional value of each ingredient yourself. These calculations are provided by a third party and are not expected to be exact. You are solely responsible for ensuring the nutritional information you use is accurate.
That’s it! Pretty simple right? Now go use this cheese soup power for the good. Spread it everywhere, and remember there is no such thing as too much cheese!
We mostly use this recipe for my ham and cheese casserole and broccoli and cheese.
How do you see yourself using this recipe? I’d love to know. I hope you’ll come back a leave me a comment about how it turned out and what recipe or food items you used it with!
Soon, I hope to try other kinds of cheese. When I do I’ll update this post! I feel like this should be tried with queso. Ya know that white Mexican melting cheese?
My favorite appetizer at a mexican restaurant is the white cheese to dip nachos in! I believe I actually tried this once but of course the recipe is much different, because it’s not a soup. Plus, it’s usually a little spicy.
I’d love To Know what you think!… Leave me a comment!
Share On Pinterest!
- Beef Enchiladas Recipe | Smothered With Enchilada Sauce And Cheese
- Vegetarian Enchiladas With Bell Peppers And Tons Of Cheese!
- Cheese And Onion Enchiladas | No-Bake Easy Enchiladas
- Chicken Enchiladas With Shredded Chicken And Tons of Cheese
- Quick Enchilada Sauce | 10 Minute Red Enchilada Sauce
- How To Make Tomato Juice Using Pantry Items | Homemade Tomato Juice
- Instant Pot Recipes Vegetarian | 30+ Pressure Cooker Recipes!
- Best Fajita Recipe | Best Beef Fajita Recipe
- How to Ferment Vegetables | Tips and Tricks For Beginners
- French Fried Onions Recipe | For Green Bean Casserole and More!