People sometimes take their chili making skills very seriously. This isn’t one of those times. This is just a quick easy, chili recipe for all those moms and dads out there who worked hard today
It tastes great to me, the kiddos, and the hubs seem to love it. That’s really all I need. Especially, when you’re reaching for a quick go-to meal!
How To Make Super Easy Chili
Using canned beans and tomatoes, some ground beef, and some dried herbs and spices are about all you need to make a super simple chili. This chili can easily be made for a quick weeknight dinner.
If you want to complicate things, you can certainly use dried beans. Dried beans should be soaked for a while. Typically, you should soak bean for at least 4 hours, but up to a total of 12 hours. Soaking beans not only can help them cook a little faster, but it can help with digestion.
Soaking dried beans before you cook them helps to break down the starch in beans, which makes them harder to digest and can cause gas.
When I soak beans, I do it the easy way. I soak them overnight.
However, using canned beans is great, especially when you work and have kids. For busy moms and dads sometimes we just need to cut some corners!
Easy Chili Recipe
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1 (30 oz) can stewed or diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 (30 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 15 oz beans (drained. I like to use black beans, and kidney beans. You can also use any other kind of beans.)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste/*optional
- Cook ground beef and onion in a saucepan.
- Add both of the tomato products, beans, and spices.
- Stir all the ingredients together well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! You can add cheese, sour cream, corn chips and more!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 689Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 161mgSodium 1001mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 9gSugar 17gProtein 58g
For the most accurate nutritional information, you should calculate the nutritional value of each ingredient yourself. These calculations are provided by a third party and are not expected to be exact. You are solely responsible for ensuring the nutritional information you use is accurate.
Fun Addition To Chili
If you want to make your chili spicy, you might try adding some cayenne pepper, hot sauce, or even hot peppers.
You know those crazy chili cooking contests? I just thought it would be fun to write about some of the crazy ingredients that people use as secret ingredients in their award-winning chili!
- Coconut Milk
- Sweet potatoes
- Balsamic vinegar
- Soy sauce
Check out 10 Things to do With Leftover Chili
More Recipes You’ll Love
- How to Make Homemade Beef Jerky Using Your Oven
- Beef Enchiladas Recipe | Smothered With Enchilada Sauce And Cheese
- Vegetarian Enchiladas With Bell Peppers And Tons Of Cheese!
- Cheese And Onion Enchiladas | No-Bake Easy Enchiladas
- Chicken Enchiladas With Shredded Chicken And Tons of Cheese
I’d love To Know what you think!… Leave me a comment!
Share On Pinterest!