Do you ever order fajitas when you are at a Mexican Restaurant? The way the dishes arrives at the table… sizzling on hot plates, and with a cloud of steam, and then the delicious scents of steak, peppers, and onion hits your face. Think about the delicious refried beans, with melted queso on top, rice, bell peppers, onions lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, and steak all rolled up into a tortilla. It’s one of the best dishes of all time, and it inspired this Chipotle Steak and Peppers recipe.
I found an organic Taco Roasted Chipotle Simmering Sauce from Seeds of Change, and it made me think of fajitas arriving at the table. I immediately thought of a delicious chipotle style steak and peppers! The recipe I had in mind could be used so many different ways! This dish can be eaten wrapped in a tortilla, over rice, or eat it as a dip with tortilla chips. The possibilities are endless!
Seeds of Change is an organic seeds and food brand, and they are launching new simmering sauces. These new sauces are inspiring easy, tasty and healthy dishes just like mine! They are sold in an easy pour, no-mess, 8 ounce pouches, and they are certified organic and FREE of artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives!
Heat olive oil over medium heat, once heated add bell peppers, onion, garlic, & steak tips.
Then, sprinkle some salt and pepper on the steak tips.
Saute the steak and vegetables, until the steak is browned just a bit.
Add the Taco Chipotle Sauce to the mixture.
Chipotle Steak and Peppers Recipe
Serve this dish with rice, & refried beans (I topped mine with melted queso). For garnish you can add shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream to the steak and pepper chipotle. This recipe is also great used as a dip with tortilla chips or wrap it all up in a tortilla while adding lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, and sour cream.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil (here’s what I recommend)
- 1 Bell pepper (I used half orange and half green)
- 1/2 Onion
- 5 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 lb Steak tips
- Salt and pepper
- 8oz Pkg Seeds of Change – Taco Roasted Chipotle Simmering Sauce
- Heat olive oil over medium heat, once heated add bell peppers, onion, garlic, & steak tips.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the steak tips.
- Saute the steak and vegetables, until the steak is browned just a bit.
- Add the Taco Chipotle Sauce to the mixture, and simmer for five minutes on low.
Ways to Enjoy this recipe:
- Wrapped in a tortilla with lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, guacamole, and sour cream.
- As a dip, mix this recipe with rice, refried beans, melted queso, & dip with tortilla chips.
- Enjoy over a bed of rice.
We love companies that get involved in the community. Seeds of Change donates 1% of sales to support and develop sustainable community based farming and growing programs. To date they have awarded more than $1 million in grants!
Check out all of the new Simmering Sauce flavors, they are currently being sold at Target, Meijer, Albertsons, Publix, Harris Teeter and Price Chopper. The current flavors to choose from are the Sesame Ginger Teriyaki, Taco Roasted Chipotle, Sweet & Sour, Mushroom & Tikka Masala.
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂