Granola bars are great for snacks
Prepare/cook/care for food properly! Please see disclaimer.
Chocolate granola bar recipe:
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, not chunky
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 3/4 cup honey
- 4 cups oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp salt
- If you have a food processor, process all ingredients together until well mixed
- If you don’t have a food processor no worries! I don’t have one either at the moment. Mine broke, but there are many ingredients in this recipe that will help the bars stick together. They do not stay together as well but good enough and if they fall apart they are easily just pushed back together if needed! I did find that one of my blenders would chop up the oats but not the whole mixture. Getting the oats chopped up really helps with the texture and ability to stick together.
- So if you do not have a food processor mix all ingredients together in a bowl really well.
- Place the ingredients onto a cookie sheet. I like to spread mine out with a little wax paper. I spread out using just my fingers. Getting it all flattened and pushed into every corner. See the picture below.
- Next you will refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Cut into squares or what ever shapes you desire and whatever size you desire.
Chocolate granola goodness…
Make them and freeze them for later!
If you’re putting these into a lunch box cut it to fit.
I cut these into small squares.
I make several batches at a time and freeze them, by placing freezer paper between the bars and putting them into a plastic bag. I pull them out for a few minutes before they are eaten to defrost a little.
I hope you enjoy these easy yummy bars. We sure do love these sweet treats. This is a great option for moms who are not into giving their children candy that has yellow 5, and fructose, and other bad ingredients. This is my favorite chocolate granola bar recipe. I’ve tried a couple of different ones, but this one is awesome! I hope you enjoy it!
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂