We’ve all been there, probably many times. Being sick really stinks. The chills, runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, coughing, body aches, and the overall fatigue of it all has to be the worst. These 5 must-have comfort items for the cold and flu can help you feel more comfortable and rested while your down and out.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TeaProudly #CollectiveBias
The first comfort items all have to do with heat. Heat is helpful, especially when you’re having a case of the chills. I don’t know about you but sometimes I get really cold when I’m sick! Heat also can help alleviate some aches and pains. Also, be sure to check out my cold and flu remedies!
- Soup – Chicken noodle soup has long been known to be one of the most popular comfort items for the sickly. You don’t have to make Chicken noodle soup. I like to make chicken quinoa soup.
- Bigelow Tea – I choose Bigelow because they have the flavors I enjoy, especially when I’m sick. A cup of hot tea soothes the throat and warms the body on chilly winter days, and it can promote relaxation.
My Mother in Law is from England. She actually grew up there. I’m so happy that she taught me the power of tea. The kind of tea you use is important also. Quality grown and produced teas, make all the difference when it comes to using them to alleviate the cold/flu or even just for comfort.
When my husband had his wisdom teeth pulled, we used tea bags to help slow bleeding, lower inflammation, and redness, and alleviate pain. Bigelow Tea is by far one of my favorite things to help comfort me when I have the cold or flu.
I add honey, and it helps me during the day. It helps to alleviate congestion. Plus, it has added probiotics which helps support overall feeling better. Chamomile Vanilla – I use this tea to support a good night’s sleep. Sleep is important when it comes to your body healing! It is also one of the best-tasting teas around.
Salted Caramel – Why this one? I will tell you why. This tea tastes so good it makes me happy. I like to do little things that while I am sick that make me happy and feel comforted.
- Heating Pad – A heating pad can help relieve those achy places. My Mother in Law swears by putting heat around your neck when you are sick also. I will say after trying it, it did help me feel better!
Entertainment | Comfort Items For The Cold And Flu
- Reading – A good book, kindle, magazines, or other reading devices. If I am going to be stuck in bed all day, I will need something to do for the hours I am awake but not able to get up. Reading is a perfect choice!
- Crafting – Knitting, and crochet are wonderful things to do while you are sick. You can maybe finish that project that you started 3,448,000 days ago…
Also, check out 25 fun things to do when you sick.
Follow Us On Social Media!
Have questions? Leave me a comment!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂
Share On Pinterest!