What are affiliate links and sponsored posts?
Affiliate Links and Sponsored Content, and Advertisements
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
An affiliate link is given a special ID number, which tells a system that this person or business (like me, Kristi at Homestead Wishing) sent you this customer (that’s you!) The person or business (me!) most likely will receive a small compensation ONLY if you buy something after clicking the affiliate link. Sometimes these links are active for days, weeks, and even months. Meaning if you click an affiliate link today, and you don’t buy anything, then go back to that website the next day, it MAY still give a compensation to the person or business. For many affiliate programs, the amount a person or business will make are pennies on the dollar. If you spend $10, a person or business may make 40 WHOLE cents! Not even enough for a cup of coffee these days. Although, there are other affiliate programs that pay better. One example of this is I love to share about these online gardening classes. Most of them are about $30 and some a little more. I make about a $15 commission every time someone buys using my affiliate link. I don’t share just because it will bring in more income to buy food my hungry teenage boys, but I also LOVE those classes. I know that they have a world of wonderful information all coming from a gardener with 18 years of experience! So when you see affiliate links, don’t just see dollar signs, understand that a person or business is recommending a product to you. If I shared an affiliate link on Facebook book that would be one reason you might see (AD), #ad, affiliate links, or something of the sort on a post on Facebook, twitter or other social media platform. In my blog posts you might see that I mention that there are affiliate links in that post. There are strict guideline saying that bloggers, and influencers are supposed to follow when it comes to affiliate links, whether on their own website, someone else’s or even on social media!
When a person or business writes a sponsored post it usually means that they are sharing their opinions or even recipes about a product. They may or may not receive free product and/or monetary compensation in exchange for this. Sometimes a person or business will also include links back to the product, store, or a retailer’s website, which makes those affiliate links or sponsored links. They may also include a coupon, or coupon code in their post. Many times included in the sponsored post package, a person or business will share their sponsored blog post on popular social media platforms. That’s one reason you might see(AD), #ad, affiliate links, or something of the sort on a post on Facebook, or twitter or other social media platform. Of course, you might also see a person or business disclosing because they are simply sharing an affiliate link. Like if I shared on Facebook, something that I thought you would like that I found on Amazon for example.
Terms & Conditions & User Agreement
1. These Terms & Conditions & User Agreement (also herein “terms and conditions”, “Agreement” or “agreement”) set forth how Kristi Wheeler of Homestead Wishing (also herein, the “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”) and you the user (also herein, “you”, “your”, “user” or “User”, also in many circumstances may be referred to as “subscriber”, “member”, “VIP”, or “affiliate” “commenter”, agree to respect and treat each other while and after you are using our website, pages and other information published through https://HomesteadWishing.com.
2. Copyright & Trademark Notice: Unless otherwise specified, all materials appearing on this site, including the text, site design, logos, graphics, icons, and images, as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof, are the sole property of the Company, Copyright © 2014, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. You may use the content of this site only for the purpose of reading the information on this site, for your own education, band for no other purpose. No materials from this site may be copied, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means without our prior written permission except for what rights are given in the sharing policy. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Any unauthorized use of the materials appearing on this site may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
3. No Professional Advice: The beneficial low and no-cost advice shared on our site has been provided for general educational purposes only and for no other purpose. Nothing we provide for you here is intended to replace any form of competent professional advice. If you are in need of professional advice, including medical, mental health, legal, accounting or tax advice, or any other form of professional advice, then you should seek out a competent professional in that area who can ensure you are provided help that is specific to your particular situation and circumstances.
4. No FDA Evaluation: The advice shared in this site has not been evaluated by the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA). The products and methods recommended are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease, nor are the products and methods intended to replace proper medical help.
5. Federal Trade Commission Disclosure: This website and its information are written, edited and published by the Company, which claims sole and exclusive ownership of its content. For questions about this website or its content, please contact us using the following email address: HomesteadWishing(at)gmail(dot)com. The Company sometimes accepts forms of cash advertising, direct sponsorship, affiliate sponsorship, paid insertions, or other forms of compensation. We abide by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in our website and its content. Other than what is obviously advertising, if certain content is paid or directly sponsored, then we here pledge our best efforts to clearly identify or label it as such. The Company is sometimes compensated to provide opinions on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though we may receive compensation for our posts, advertisements or other content, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on any blog, guest post or in any form of comments on our website are purely that blogger’s own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
6. Policy for Our Giveaways:
Sometimes giveaways are shared here, but are ran by a third party. In this case, Kristi Wheeler/Homestead Wishing is not responsible for picking winners, or making sure they receive their products. Also, Kristi Wheeler/ Homestead Wishing is not responsible for setting up the rules or regulations for any third party giveaways. One huge reason for this is because ONLY the person who sets this up has full access to make these rules. Any and all liability lies with the third party in these circumstances.
When we run our own giveaways rules are usually as follows, but check the terms of said giveaway to make sure you know the terms to that specific giveaway.
• No purchase(s) necessary to win.
• Giveaways are for U.S. residents only (unless stated otherwise).
• Entrants must be natural persons 18 years of age or older to enter.
• Winners are chosen at random, which typically means by a method employing the free tools available at www.random.org, or other similar tools; we also may choose a winner by awarding the prize to the first eligible person to respond to our free call to action.
• Winners will be notified by email shortly after the giveaway ends. We are not responsible if a winner’s email inbox settings mark or categorize our notification email as junk, spam or the like.
• Winners will have 48 hours to claim the prize or another winner may be chosen at our discretion.
• We are not responsible for lost or damaged items. Replacement items will not be provided.
• We may, at our discretion, make public the first name and last initial of our giveaway winners, also making public their state and/or country of residence. All other contact information will remain private and will be destroyed after a winner is confirmed and their prize is confirmed as mailed.
• Since all of our giveaways are for cash, goods and/or services valued at less than US$600, we don’t and won’t be sending any winner a form 1099-misc for US income tax purposes, and a winner’s tax considerations and any tax or tax-related obligations are entirely their own.
• We reserve the right to end, extend, or change a giveaway for any reason and without prior notice.
• We reserve the right to consider any entrant ineligible who has been a winner in one of our giveaways in the last 12 months.
• In any of our giveaways of products from certain companies, we reserve the right to limit the pool of eligible entrants to those persons who are not wholesale members, affiliates, contractors or employees of those companies.
• Odds of winning in one of our giveaways depend on number of entrants.
• Void where prohibited by law.
8. Governing Law: This agreement shall be construed under the laws of the State of Florida.
9. Severability and Interpretation: Whenever possible each provision of these terms and conditions shall be interpreted in such a manner as to be effective and valid under applicable law, but if any provision of these terms and conditions shall be prohibited, void, invalid, or unenforceable under applicable law, such provision shall be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition, invalidity, voidability, or enforceability without invalidating the remainder of such provision or the remaining provisions of this agreement. We and you agree that any ambiguity or vagueness of any provision of this agreement shall not be construed against the drafting party because of its being the drafter of this agreement.
10. Survival: All obligations of the parties hereto contained in this agreement shall survive the expiration or termination of this agreement.
11. Arbitration: All claims and disputes arising under or relating to these terms and conditions are to be settled by binding arbitration in the County of Leon, State of Florida, USA” or another location mutually agreeable to the parties. An award of arbitration may be confirmed in a court of competent jurisdiction. Should any arbitration be commenced between the parties to this agreement concerning this agreement, or the rights and duties of either in relation thereto, the party prevailing in such arbitration shall be entitled, in addition to such relief as may be granted, to its attorneys’ fees and costs in the arbitration.
12. Limitation of Liability: Company shall not be liable for any loss of profits or costs, or for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, including costs associated with the procurement of substitute goods or services (whether Company was or should have been aware or advised of the possibility of such damage), arising out of or associated with any loss, suspension or interruption of service, termination of this Agreement, use or misuse of our content, or other performance of services under this Agreement.
13. Indemnification: User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its officers, affiliates, directors, agents, and employees from and against any and all property damage, personal injuries or death and other liability, loss, cost, expense, or damage, including, without limitation, court costs and reasonable attorney’s fees arising out of user’s use or misuse, whether intentional or negligent, of the Company’s content and information and from user’s breach of any of the terms contained in this agreement.
14. Counterparts: This agreement may be executed in several counterparts or by separate actions between or among its parties, each of which shall constitute an original and all of which, when taken together, shall constitute one agreement; it’s understood that your accessing and using the information on this website constitutes your complete assent (and, as applicable, the assent of the company, group or organization you represent) to all of these terms and conditions.
15. Headings: The headings for sections herein are for convenience only and shall not affect the meaning of the provisions of this agreement.
The owner and/or Homestead Wishing is the legal copyright holder of all material (some pictures may not apply and some are owned by other people, attributions given when necessary) on this blog and you may not use it commercial, non-commercial, reprint, publish, copy, and/or paste, without express written consent. If you have questions see the contact area of the blog. Unless otherwise specified, all materials appearing on this site, including the text, site design, logos, graphics, icons, and images, as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof, are the sole property of the Company, Copyright © 2014, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. You may use the content of this site only for the purpose of reading the information on this site, for your own education, band for no other purpose. No materials from this site may be copied, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means without our prior written permission except for what rights are given in the sharing policy. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Any unauthorized use of the materials appearing on this site may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
This blog is not providing any advice that is, medical, legal or from any other profession. The owner and/or Homestead Wishing does not claim to be a professional of any type. If any information on this blog is read and/or used, it is done at your own risk. Take precautions and do your own research and talk to professionals in the particular fields the information is related to. Homestead wishing does not claim any post, product, plant, word/s, food, or anything is a cure or prevention for a disease or sickness of any kind. If a third party seen on Homestead Wishing or on a social media site connected to Homestead Wishing, has claimed any cure or prevention for a disease or sickness of any kind with food, or a product they sell, or any other thing, that is their own views and not of the owner and/or Homestead Wishing. As for recipes, handle, prepare, cook and care for food safely. Use proper food safe handling procedures.
Now Disable for the time being. These rules apply if I decide to reactivate this program.
If you choose to send Homestead Wishing money to help them with their journey there are some rules that apply. No refunds will be given. Any money given to this blog is not tax-deductible, because we are not a 501(c)(3) entity. That basically means that we are not a non-profit. If more funds are raised than necessary for said project, the funds will be used for either a different project, or it will go to help caring for the animals currently on the homestead.
Givers will not be able to direct where or how funds will be used. We want to thank you for helping us through our journey. You are truly such a blessing to us!
Responsibility of Advertisers and Sponsors
Letters to the Editor
The owner and/or Homestead Wishing holds the right to share, adapt, or use any letters, or comments on this blog, on our social media sites, or sent to the contact email without written or oral permission from the original author. Whether in a blog post, social media, e-book, other blog or column.
Again if you have questions, please use the Contact area of the blog.
END OF TERMS & CONDITIONS & USER AGREEMENT
All of the information provided on this blog is for entertainment purposes only. This blog does not provide that any information provided is accurate in any form. You are reading this blog at your own free will. The owner and/or Homestead Wishing will not to be held liable for miscommunications, errors, information omitted, or whether or not this information is available. The owner and/or Homestead Wishing will not be held liable for losses, damages, and/or any injuries. The owner will not be held liable for any reason at all whether possible or impossible! Take action at your own risk! These terms can and will change at anytime, without notice.
Third party cookies are being used on this site to give you the best experience possible. It also enables us to have advertisements. In order to keep this blog up and running ads are a part of paying the bills. Navigating this website, reading, scrolling or any other use of this website means that you accept the use of these cookies. Homestead Wishing holds the right to change any part of this disclaimer at anytime for any reason.