For years I have cleaned with my trusty vinegar-water mix. I love it more than store-bought cleaners any day. I didn’t think I would ever find something better. I did though. This DIY Citrus Peel Cleaner can be made with orange, lemon or even grapefruit peels!
Best of all this DIY Citrus Peel Cleaner is super easy to make. The whole family loves it, because it cuts down on our cleaning time. Using up the citrus peels is a great way to reuse items around the homestead. These usually go right into the compost, but now I save them to make a super powerful cleaner.
A great read if you want to rid your home of toxic cleaners…
There’s a book that has some amazing homemade cleaning tips, and recipes. It’s a really good read. I recommend reading it, if you really want to get rid of toxic cleaners in your home. This book covers everything from laundry soap, homemade dryer sheets, potpourri blends, fabric softeners, salves, and so much more!
It’s called A Simply Homemade Clean. Grab it now!
DIY Citrus Peel Cleaner
- 1-quart jar with a tight-fitting lid
- Water to fill a spray bottle
- Apple cider vinegar
- 1 large sprig of Rosemary
- Orange, lemon, or grapefruit peels, enough to fill the jar
- Optional items cinnamon sticks, cloves
- Put orange peels into the jar.
- Add rosemary, (cloves, and cinnamon, optional*)
- Pour in the vinegar to cover the citrus peels.
- Place a tight-fitting lid on.
- Store in a dark place for at least 2 weeks
- Strain the liquid.
- Place citrus vinegar into a spray bottle halfway.
- Add water to fill up the rest of the half.
Citrus cleaners work great in the kitchen and bathroom. I love that it removes the stink from my boy’s bathroom! Another great reason to love this cleaner is that it doesn’t take very long to remove the stuck-on bits.
Vinegar is great at cleaning but just vinegar and water needs to sit on grease, food, pee, etc…for 5-10 minutes before wiping it off. This DIY Citrus Peel Cleaner only needs a few minutes or less. That’s right it saves me time when cleaning. What’s not to love about that?
The Frugal Girls have a list of 46 Homemade Cleaners + Tips! It’s pretty impressive. I love all the different cleaners we can make right at home!
Here’s a couple of kindle books you might love!
Follow Us On Social Media!
Have questions? Leave me a comment!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂
Share On Pinterest!