Homemade shea butter moisturizer is great for the skin. I love knowing what is in my moisturizer, and even the quality of the ingredients!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #allessentials #allsulfatefree #CollectiveBias
DIY Whipped Shea Butter Moisturizer
- Double Boiler, this one can go over a pan, or I have this one.
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Empty Containers, such as glass jars (I love these)
- 1/2 lb. Shea Butter
- 1/2 lb. Coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Almond Oil
- 2 Tbsp Fractionated Coconut Oil *optional
- 10-15 drops of Lemon Essential oil, or other favorite essential oil for fragrance.
- Add water to your double broiler setup. Place it on low to medium-low heat.
- Measure out all ingredients.
- Chop up the shea butter roughly. It will help it melt a little easier.
- Add everything except for the essential oil to the double broiler. Ingredients go in the top pan, and water in the bottom.
- Stir occasionally.
- Once everything is melted completely, remove from heat.
- Add essential oils.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Stir.
- Place the top broiler into the freezer for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove and stir.
- Repeat this several times. It will start to harden and change color.
- Keep repeating this process, until you have creamy moisturizer consistency.
- Place in containers and use as needed.
Follow us on social media!
Have questions? Leave me a comment!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂
Share on Pinterest!