This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, however all opinions expressed are my own.
One thing about living in Florida is that we get a wide variety of seasonal fresh food. Knowing what’s in season and where you can get it is the key to eating fresh food in every season. Farmers in Florida make it simple to eat fresh food all year long.
Even during the winter months we can enjoy a great variety of foods. Tomatoes, bell peppers, and sweet corn are some of my favorite foods. I choose to eat seasonal fresh food because I know this food is tasty, grown close by, and will help support local farms. You can eat seasonably too by checking out the Crops in Season Calendar.
5 Ways to Eat Fresh Food All Year Long
Eating local, seasonably fresh food in Florida is easier than you think! Check out these 5 great ways to eat fresh food all year long. Don’t forget to look for food labeled “Fresh From Florida.”
- Restaurants – Believe it or not, there are restaurants scattered all over Florida that have joined the Fresh From Florida on the menu program. Check out the list to see if there are any restaurants in your area who have joined this program.
- U-Pick Farms – This is one of my favorites. I love to go blueberry picking, in the springtime. Check out the U-Pick Farms in your area.
- Fresh Seafood – Of course you can get fresh seafood in Florida. No matter where you are in Florida, you are not too far from the coast, which means fresh seafood. Check out all of your local seafood markets where you can pick up local Fresh From Florida Seafood.Another place you can eat fresh seafood, is at seafood festivals. Last fall I went to three different seafood festivals. It was so much fun! They are always packed with a ton of fresh seafood, music, and people selling their wonderful crafts. See what Florida seafood festivals are in your area.Want to know what seafood is in season? Fresh From Florida has you covered with their seasonal seafood calendar.
- Community farmer markets – These are typically open in April and close at the end of July. This is the best place to get fresh vegetables, and fruits fresh from Florida. Check out the Community Farmers Market Locator to find farmers markets near you. Plus, it has helpful information on some good questions to ask the farmers, so you can know more about where your food comes from.
- CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) – What does that mean exactly? It means you pay a fee and in exchange you get a bounty of fresh food. Amounts, and variety vary. Joining a CSA supports local farmers, and our local economy. You can receive anything from fresh vegetables, fruits, honey, eggs, and even meat. Each CSA is different, and they have different packages that you can sign up for, that may better suit your needs. Check out the local CSAs in your area.
Crops in Season Calendar – This handy calendar can help you buy the fruits and vegetables in season.
We are so lucky here in Florida to have such wonderful variety of fresh seasonally available foods to choose from. From our sunny days to the tasty tomatoes, The Sunshine State is the place to eat! Be sure to check out the Fresh From Florida website for recipes, and great ways to get more Fresh From Florida!
Let Me Know What You Think!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂