Free Homeschool Resources 103
This is the third edition of my homeschooling series. Click to see 101 and 102 to see even more free homeschool resources and updates on how the boys are doing with their homeschooling journey! I also have a post for free geography resources! I just taught the boys how to label a U.S. map. You can check out how I did that in about three weeks! I listed my favorites there.
Free mail-order science materials – there are some really great offers in here that are totally free! This is a pretty old post so some of the materials may not be available any longer. Sorry.
I want to talk a little bit about what has been happening with our homeschool lately. The boys absolutely love to watch T.V. and play video games. I limit the time they get to do these things. Video games are only played on weekends. The T.V. only can be turned on at 5 pm and only if they have cleaned up after themselves, and all of their school work is done.
This week something amazing happened with boys. They have decided that playing outside was more fun than watching T.V. Apparently this week T.V. is boring. I thought somehow that this was all they would ever want to do. LOL! I really did think it was just a permanent thing.
I just simply cannot believe my ears when my 9 year old asked to go back outside after cleaning up. He said that T.V. was boring. It came out of his mouth! Holy Moly!
A couple of weeks after that my youngest son was been reading up a storm. At the end of spring, it was very rainy here and we did some activities, but the youngest decided to just sit and read. All of the boys have been reading a lot more. Even for fun. My youngest has even gotten hooked to the knock-knock joke book. It’s hilarious because he will read out loud and every once in a while there is a really funny joke and everybody will crack up.
What a great thing that homeschool has provided to my children. So many positive things have happened from our homeschooling. The bond we have is so much stronger now. The time we spend together is so much sweeter. It is not rushed by typical go to school or work pressures.
Free Homeschool Resources…
- Are you studying the solar system yet? This website has the coolest interactive map of our solar system! I loved it. I have not shown it to the kids yet, but I plan to put together a lesson using this website.
- They also have this cool Daylight Map, where you can see on the map where it is daylight and where it is night time. You can see exactly where the sun is at that moment. So cool right? The sun is over by Asia right now meaning it is dark here in the U.S. (I should probably be asleep.)
- Draw your own nebula. If you move your cursor slowly it works better.
- You can find flashcards on several different subjects on Cram. This is pretty cool to use if you are learning about the 50 states of America, for instance.
- Fun Brain is pretty cool. I played a couple of games on there. My boys like the site a lot. The games are really fun, and filled with learning!
- EEME – Teach kids about electricity! Learn about electricity, circuits, LEDs, resistors, and much more using our interactive online lessons! Gaetz Aerospace institute: Earn free college credits – for high school ages
- Kidport has many subjects and grades to choose from. Grades K – 8. Subjects are math, science, language arts, social studies, and creative arts.
- Magic Tree House – My kids love this website. It looks like you are in a treehouse. It is a place to read lots and lots of books!
- National Geographic – Awesome video on a tree that grows 40 different kinds of fruit. I have heard about this tree before but this goes into detail about how the guy actually made this awesome tree!
- Poem game Do you need to teach the kids how to write poems? I have not seen many games for making poems and my boys enjoyed this!
- Math games on Game Aquarium. So many math games!
- Sign language by Kids Courses. Do you want to teach your kids sign language? I have not thought much about this. I have shown my kids the alphabet. I think it is a great idea to add this to the list of things to know!
- Middle school, high school, and college math – Are you looking for math for your middle or high schooler here you go!
- Nasa Kid’s Club – My boys love this so much! They were begging to explore the site some more after we found the initial game. The whole site is pretty cool and interesting!
- Smithsonian Education – These guys have recently changed their entire website. I haven’t checked it out yet. I just noticed the update. It does look like they are reworking it to work for people who are homeschooling and remote learning.
- Extreme Science – I just found this website recently. Briefly looking over it, it looks interesting and fun. I can’t wait to explore it with the boys.
More Cool Homeschooling Posts
- Coding For Kids | 33 Homeschool Coding Classes!
- Free Homeschool Curriculums | 9 FREE Curriculums
- Virtual Field Trips | Zoos, Museums, Landmarks, And More!
- Virtual Math Manipulatives | Homeschool Math Websites
- Typing Games For Kids | Perfect For Homeschoolers!
- Totally Free Homeschooling Resources | How To Homeschool For Free
- Free Printable Valentine Matching Game – Free Valentine’s Printables
- Why Homeschool Is The Right Choice For Us – Our Reasons to Homeschool
- 34 Free Valentine Printables – Free Valentine’s Day Printables
- Free Printable Valentine Word Search – Free Valentine’s Printables
- 42 Dollar Tree Homeschool Supplies List – Frugal Homeschooling
- 20+ Free Homeschool Resources | Free Homeschooling
- Free Geography Homeschool Resources
- Language Arts Program for Homeschoolers
- Homeschool Math Resource – IXL Website Review
I’d love To Know what you think!… Leave me a comment!
Share On Pinterest!