So I have skin problems. One time my lips were so chapped and kept breaking out in a rash because of store bought products and I could not take it anymore. I decided to make my own, Homemade Lip Balm.
I researched what other people were doing. Some of the recipes I found had ingredients that I don’t want on my lips, and would possibly be another breakout waiting to happen. So I came up with my own Homemade Lip Balm recipe.
This has not been evaluated by the FDA, and is not meant to cure, prevent, or treat any diseases, or disorders.
Oil will be hot! Please be careful not to burn yourself!
This recipe could be scaled down if you don’t want to make that many. They do make great gifts for Holidays and Birthdays! If you have friends or family with skin problems they might love these. I have put links to Amazon, to show you what I used.
Homemade Lip Balm Recipe:
Homemade Lip balm Recipe:
- 4 Fl oz Vitamin E Oil
- 1 Cup Beeswax
- 2 cups Coconut Oil
- Lip Balm Tubes X2
- Small Medicine dispenser (something like this) – ask for one at the pharmacy sometimes they have them for free.
- Add the oils and beeswax to a double boiler.
- Heat on medium, stirring occasionally.
- Once you have everything melted, you can start filling the empty lip balm tubes.
- Keep the liquid hot, by leaving the double broiler together. Don’t separate the pans. Once the liquid cools it hardens, and make it hard to squirt into your containers.
- Fill the lip balm tubes.
- They will settle a little after you fill them and a dimple may form, top them off again 2-5 minutes after the first pour. Dimples make for a very uncomfortable application, so be sure to do this step!
- Let cool for 24 hours, then place lids on top. They are ready to go!
Follow us on Social Media!
Let Me Know What You Think!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂