This fermented beverage is made by brewing water kefir along with almond extract, creating a fizzy, crisp taste that’s also probiotic! It’s a pretty simple process, so don’t get intimidated. Follow my super easy step below to make Homemade Almond Cream Soda!
If you’re not familiar with water kefir, check out this post on How to Make Water Kefir Soda. It goes more in-depth on this process.
Fermenting Equipment | Almond Cream Soda
- Mason Jars
- Air Lock
- Filtered water – There are other types of water you could use but it is the best option.
- Wooden spoon for stirring.
- Stainless steel sieve or fine mesh strainer
- ¼ cup Water kefir grains – This is where I bought mine, and they were great for me, but there are many places where you can get them.
- Sugar – any sugar is good. Do not use honey!
Almond Cream Soda Recipe:
Homemade Almond Cream Soda
- ¼ cup Water Kefir Grains
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 4 cups Filtered water
- 1-2 tsp Pure Almond Extract
- Add water to clean a mason jar
- Add sugar and mix thoroughly
- Add the water kefir
- Add the Fermentools lid and airlock
- Store in a dark area away from light, with temperatures around 68º – 78º F
- After 48 hours, using a bowl to catch the liquid, strain out (using a fine mesh sieve) the water kefir grains and set them aside for the next batch.
- Add the almond extract, and stir.
- Chill and then serve.
Don’t forget to check out this post on How to Make Water Kefir!
More Fermenting Recipes
- Fermented Cherry Tomatoes
- Fermented Bell Peppers
- Fermented Carrots with Garlic
- Fermented Garlic
- Fermented Pickles
- Fermented Sauerkraut
- How to Make Water Kefir
- Water Kefir Vacation
- Pineapple Chutney
- How to Flavor Water Kefir Sodas
Let Me Know What You Think!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂