This laundry detergent recipe not only saves me money, but it really cleans! I have all boys and they are very messy and stinky! Most of the time I use 1 TBSP of detergent for the loads.
Laundry Detergent Recipe
- 1 bar soap – I use Fels Naptha Laundry Bar
- 1 cup Borax Detergent Booster
- 1 cup Super Washing Soda
- 1 cup Baking Soda *Optional – I just started adding this in the last batch. I am enjoying having baking soda in this recent batch of detergent. The clothes are much softer, and smell even fresher!
- Cut the soap bars into cubes. Then place it into a food processor.
- I like to add the 1 cup of borax, and chop and mix until the soap is mostly a powder consistency.
- Then, add in the washing soda, and mix again for a few minutes.
- Find a cool container to place it in and you are all done.
- 1 TBSP per load and 2 TBSP for extra heavy or large loads.
Add 1/4 cup of vinegar to the wash to soften your items.I like to reuse things when I can so, I am using these boxes that my dishwasher detergent comes in. I tried making my own dishwasher detergent but it did not work very well. I am still searching for a recipe that will work in my dishwasher and also in high humidity. If I figure it out I will most definitely share with you all!
Where can you find these ingredients?
You can find all of these items in some grocery stores on the same aisle as the detergents! Some store do not carry them, you may have to look around at a couple of store or ask your favorite store to start stocking or special order the items. Or you can order them on Amazon!
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂