Store-bought bread is loaded and I mean loaded with ingredients. Some of those ingredients are less than desirable. That’s why I choose to make my own with a little more than a handful of ingredients! Check out my super simple Sandwich Bread Recipe below.
Sandwich Bread recipe:
Sandwich Bread recipe:
- 1 1/3 cup Warm Water
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil (I like this one), or Olive Oil (this is one of my favorites)
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour (this is a great brand)
- 2 1/2 cup Bread Flour (favorite flour brand)
- 2 2/3 tbsp Sugar ( I try to use organic when I can but regular white sugar will work just fine too)
- 1 tbsp Yeast, rapid rise, or regular (these are the brands I use, but the prices, my suggestion is to buy them at your regular grocery store, because the prices on Amazon are pretty high.)
Directions – 2lb loaf
The ingredients go in order from the list above. If you make this recipe enough, eventually you can memorize it!
- First, warm up the water to about 110º, and then place it in the baking pan.
- Next, add the salt and oil.
- Now the flours. I like to sprinkle them into the pan somewhat in a mountain shape.
- Place the sugar in one corner, it helps if you loaded the flour in a mountain shape because now you have perfect little wells in the corner to put the sugar in. Just make sure it’s not going directly into the water on the bottom.
- Now, make a well in the middle of your mountain peak and place the yeast there.
- For the settings, you want to choose white bread or basic bread.
- Also, choose the light crust setting and the 2lb. loaf size.
- If you’re using rapid rise yeast make sure to select the rapid recipe on your machine. The rapid recipe should take around two hours, but the regular yeast will take three hours.
- Close the lid and then push that start button!
- When the bread is done, take it out of the pan and let it rest 30 minutes to 1 hour. Then go ahead and slice it.
Keeping Your Bread Fresh…
Go here to see how to store your fresh bread! I have some quick and simple tips to keep your awesome bread for a good while, so you can enjoy it for longer than just a day!
Follow us on social media!
Have questions? Leave me a comment!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂
Share on Pinterest!