Store bought bread is loaded and I mean loaded with ingredients. Some of those ingredients are less than desirable. That’s why I choose to make my own with a little more than a handful of ingredients! Check out my super simple Sandwich Bread Recipe below.
Sandwich Bread recipe:
Sandwich Bread recipe:
- 1 1/3 cup Warm Water
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil (I like this one), or Olive Oil (this is one of my favorites)
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour (this is a great brand)
- 2 1/2 cup Bread Flour (favorite flour brand)
- 2 2/3 tbsp Sugar ( I try to use organic when I can but regular white sugar will work just fine too)
- 1 tbsp Yeast, rapid rise, or regular (these are the brand’s I use, but the prices, my suggestion is to buy them a your regular grocery store, because the prices on Amazon are pretty high.)
Directions – 2lb loaf
The ingredients go in order from the list above. If you make this recipe enough, eventually you can memorize it!
- First, warm up the water to about 110º, and then place it in the baking pan.
- Next add the salt, and oil.
- Now the flours. I like to sprinkle them into the pan somewhat in a mountain shape.
- Place the sugar in one corner, it helps if you loaded the flour in a mountain shape, because now you have perfect little wells in the corner to put the sugar in. Just make sure it is not going directly into the water on the bottom!
- Now, make a well in the middle of your mountain peak and place the yeast there.
- For the setting you want to choose white bread, or basic bread
- Also choose the light crust setting, and the 2lb. loaf size.
- If you are using rapid rise yeast make sure to select the rapid recipe on your machine. The rapid recipe should take around two hours, but the regular yeast will take three hours.
- Close the lid and then push that start button!
- When the bread is done, take it out of the pan and let it rest 30 minutes to 1 hour. Then go ahead and slice it.
Keeping Your Bread Fresh…
Go here to see How to store your fresh bread! I have some quick and simple tips to keep your awesome bread for a good while, so you can enjoy for longer than just a day!
Follow us on Social Media!
Let Me Know What You Think!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂