Store bought bread is loaded and I mean loaded with ingredients. Some of those ingredients are less than desirable. That is why I choose to make my own with a little more than a handful of ingredients! Check out my super simple sandwich bread recipe.
Cook/prepare/Care food properly! AFFILIATE LINKS AHEAD. Please see disclaimer.
Sandwich Bread recipe:
- 1 1/3 cup Warm Water
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil (I like this one), or Olive Oil (this is one of my favorites)
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour (this is a great brand)
- 2 1/2 cup Bread Flour (favorite flour brand)
- 2 2/3 tbsp Sugar ( I try to use organic when I can but regular white sugar will work just fine too)
- 1 tbsp Yeast, rapid rise, or regular (these are the brand’s I use, but the prices, my suggestion is to buy them a your regular grocery store, because the prices on Amazon are pretty high.)
Directions – 2lb loaf
- First, warm up the water to about 110º, and then place it in the baking pan.
- Next add the salt, and oil.
- Now the flours. I like to sprinkle them into the pan somewhat in a mountain shape.
- Place the sugar in one corner, it helps if you loaded the flour in a mountain shape, because now you have perfect little wells in the corner to put the sugar in. Just make sure it is not going directly into the water on the bottom!
- Now, make a well in the middle of your mountain peak and place the yeast there.
- For the setting you want to choose white bread, or basic bread
- Also choose the light crust setting, and the 2lb. loaf size.
- If you are using rapid rise yeast make sure to select the rapid recipe on your machine. The rapid recipe should take around two hours, but the regular yeast will take three hours.
- Now, push that start button!
- When the bread is done, take it out of the pan and let it rest 30 minutes to 1 hour. Then go ahead and slice it.
An easy way to help you remember the steps in this recipe is that the ingredients go in as listed from first to last. All you have to remember is the measurements, and that the sugar goes in the corner, and the yeast goes into a well in the middle. After making this bread many times, you may remember the measurements enough to not even need to look at the recipe!
Keeping your bread fresh…
Go here to see How to store your fresh bread! I have some quick and simple tips to keep your awesome bread for a good while, so you can enjoy for longer than just a day!
Every time I make sandwiches my oldest who is always the most thankful says that it is the best bread in the whole world. I don’t know why or how you make the best bread even better than the store bread but it is just so good mom! I am so happy that he really loves it. I worked really hard find a recipe that everyone was happy with! I sure hope that if you try it you will come back and share how it turned out for you!
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂