So why make your own Homemade Vitamin Gummy Bears? I will tell you why! Store bought vitamins are loaded with sugar! They may have corn syrup, fructose, and more. I don’t know about you but my boys don’t need any more energy, and that is what their little bodies will turn that sugar into.
The store bought vitamins also have other undesirable ingredients. Some of them are loaded with GMOs, color dyes, preservatives, and “natural flavors” which usually turns out to be MSG. Companies unfortunately can label some ingredients in a sly way. They say it is so that competition won’t get their exact recipes but most of the time it is their way to hide some disgusting ingredients.
More pros on making Homemade Vitamin Gummy Bears
Making your own vitamins, you will know exactly what is in them! No guessing about it. They don’t take much time and are fairly cheap to make. I would say that I save money making our own vitamins. Your kids are sure to love them. You get to try different flavors, and you can cater to what your family like and dislikes!
Don’t use pineapple or kiwi, the gelatin will not set with these!
Prepare/Cook/Care for food properly. I received the gummy bear mold in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.
AFFILIATE LINKS AHEAD! See disclaimer.
Need a Gummy Bear Mold Set to get you started? I know the perfect one! It come with measuring spoons and droppers perfect for filling the tiny mold!
- Spray oil – I like coconut oil.
- 1 1/2 cups of fruit juice or vegetable juice. Fresh or bottled. Not concentrate.
- 4 Tbsp Beef Gelatin – This is the brand I prefer.
- 2 Tbsp Honey – more or less depending on how sweet the juice is that you use.
- 1 Tablespoon Vitamins – add a little bit of vitamin C powder or water kefir soda, or greens powder (my favorite), or kids natural calm or any other healthy boost you can find!
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Spray mold with oil spray of choice. I like to use coconut oil.
- Pour juice in a pan.
- Add the gelatin into the pan, and stir well for 2 minutes.
- Cook over medium heat. Don’t let it get to a boiling point. The gelatin will be very thin. This just means that it is very well dissolved.
- Add all the other ingredients, and mix them in well.
- Now get a dropper and pour the mixture into a mold.
- Chill until firm. Usually 2-4 hours.
- Take them out of the molds, and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! I know the kiddos will! If you want check out Homemade Water Kefir Gummies too.
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂