Why is everyone raving about Instant Pot Yogurt? It’s because making yogurt in the IP is really easy! I kid you not! It’s soooo simple! This recipe, will blow you away with its creamy texture, and the THICKNESS too!
Instant Pot Yogurt Button | Do I Need It?
So, if you came here wondering if you need the YOGURT BUTTON on your Instant Pot to make this recipe… BAD NEWS, you do. I’m so sorry. First of all before you leave I encourage you to upgrade your Instant pot! Because it’s so easy with the yogurt button!
Upgrading to make yogurt in the Instant Pot EASIER!
I actually did just that! I upgraded to the…. drum roll please…
I bought this one so I could have that coveted yogurt button! It was so worth it!
So if you don’t have a yogurt button, and need a recipe that doesn’t need one… Here’s a Recipe that doesn’t use the yogurt button. Although, it’s a little bit more involved.
Instant Pot Yogurt Recipe
Instant Pot Yogurt Recipe
- 52 FL oz Fairlife Milk (whole = thicker textures)
- 2 tbsp Plain Yogurt (Chobani is my favorite )
- 6 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk (*optional For Greek Yogurt leave this ingredient out.)
- Pour milk into the inner pot.
- Add sweetened condensed milk. *optional
- Whisk in the yogurt really well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot. The vent can be set to sealing or venting. It doesn’t really matter.
- Press the yogurt button. After 10 seconds the Instant Pot should read 8:00 hours and should be on high pressure. These are the defaults for yogurt.
- When the instant pot is finished it should read “Yogt” which means it’s done!
- If you plan to make more yogurt in the future, fill up an ice tray with some yogurt and freeze it for future use.
- Then, place a lid on your inner pot or cover with plastic wrap, and place in the fridge for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, place in jars. Serve with fruit and granola. Blueberries, blackberries, and/or raspberries are all really great!
I like to add sweetened condensed milk to my recipe but it’s optional.
If you like Greek yogurt don’t add sweetened condensed milk.
However, if you like the store bought vanilla yogurt, like me, add that sweetened condensed milk to the recipe! I’m not sure how, but it tastes just like that vanilla yogurt! Mm, it’s so good!
You can also stir in a teaspoon or two of vanilla extract right before you jar it up.
If you’re looking for some great yogurt jars, I just bought these from Amazon. They are 10 oz, which is a perfect size for yogurt.
Follow us on Social Media!
Let Me Know What You Think!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂