Learn how to pair fruits and vegetables to make tasty juicing recipes. Today I’m sharing my tips and tricks for juicing. Including what you can’t juice! Juicing can be a wonderful and delicious way to introduce amazing nutrition into your diet.
These recipes and tips are not meant to treat, cure, prevent, or diagnose any disease or disorder and these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.
Well, you need a juicer. For many years I worked with a commercial juicer. I loved that beast. 10 Years ago, there were a couple of juicers to choose from, but now there are tons of them.
20 Juicing recipes
Let’s get right to it, shall we? After you take a look at these fabulous juicing recipes, make sure to look at the What Not To Juice Section!
- Green Power House – Cucumber (base), apples, kale, rainbow chard, broccoli, celery.
- Immune boost – Carrot (base), apple, kale, lemon, ginger, garlic.
- Pineapple (base), orange, grapefruit, kiwi – any of the first three can act as a base or all three of them equally can be the base with a touch of kiwi.
- Citrus Punch – Grapefruit (base), lemon, orange.
- Berrylicious – Using carrots or oranges as a base, then add some raspberries, blueberries, strawberries.
- Apple and pears – Equal parts.
- Apple Lemonade – Apples (base) & Lemons.
- Carrot (base), chard, beets.
- Shot of garlic juice – Warning: This can be hard on the stomach!
- Hot N’ Spicy – Carrots (base), hot pepper (a little or a lot depending on how spicy you want it!), orange, lemon.
- Sweet Pepper and Citrus – Bell pepper (base), oranges.
- Bell pepper (base), broccoli, lemon, pear.
- Beets (base), bell peppers, apples.
- Cucumber (base), lemon, ginger.
- Immune Powerhouse – Carrot (base), cayenne pepper, garlic, ginger.
- Beets (base), carrots, celery, garlic.
- Just carrot juice.
- Just apple juice.
- Just pineapple juice.
- Beet (base) carrot, apples.
What Not To Juice
- Rinds – Such as orange, and grapefruit rinds. Some of them contain bad flavors for one, but some contain compounds that are not good for consumption. Lemon and lime rinds may be juiced.
- Apple seeds – These contain cyanide. From what I understand they contain small amounts of cyanide usually not enough to hurt a person, but if you use several apples in your juice and juice frequently this could be an issue. It’s easy enough to discard the apple seeds and avoid the cyanide!
- Banana – Sadly, bananas just don’t juice well. They will clog the machine. Stick to putting those lovely tasty bananas in your smoothies!
- Avocados – They are like bananas, they just don’t have juice.
- Figs – Save them for smoothies.
- Eggplant – You can juice eggplant, but why would you want to? Yuck. Save your eggplant for eggplant parmesan or something…
Check out this article about a couple more items Not to Juice!
Friendly Little Tips for Juicing Recipes
- Garlic/ginger juice can upset your stomach. It takes a lot of garlic to produce juice but really a couple of drops is usually enough, and much more than that might just hurt your stomach. I have taken garlic shots, but I drink juices daily. Some people can take it and some people can’t. Some people harden their stomachs to be able to take it.
- Leftovers! What to do with leftovers? Well here’s the thing, nutrients start degrading as soon as they are picked from the plant. My rule has always been drink it as soon as possible. Hopefully, immediately. If that’s not possible, chill your leftovers in the fridge and drink within three hours.
- Always use fresh produce! It’s super important, that the produce you use is free from mold, & bugs.
- Please wash your fruits and veggies before juicing them.
- Alternate soft veggies like kale, or spinach with something hard like an apple or carrot. Soft veggies tend to clog the machine, don’t put in too many, or too many at one time!
Follow Us On Social Media!
Have questions? Leave me a comment!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂
Share On Pinterest!
A truly wonderful list of Instant Pot Vegetarian Recipes. I’ve compiled a giant list of the best vegetarian dishes to make in the Instant Pot! If you’ve been searching for some new vegetarian recipes to make in the Instant Pot, well you found it! Instant Pot Vegetarian Recipes This vegetarian recipe list includes everything from…
We love this fajita recipe. We have them about once a week. I love how easy these are to make. The boys love how they can customize them to their liking. What Meat to Use for Fajitas? We are a family of five. My husband and I have three teenage boys. Needless to say, we…
So you want to learn how to ferment huh? Are you super pumped? You should be! Fermenting vegetables is fun and delicious. Which makes the best kind of hobby if you ask me! Before we begin to Ferment Vegetables, we need to pick up some supplies! How To Ferment Vegetables | Fermenting Containers: My suggestion…
I don’t know why I didn’t think of this sooner! Of course, french fried onions are fairly easy to make. Likewise, you can make these using 7 common ingredients found in just about every kitchen. Last week I made green bean casserole because I needed to update the images for the blog. I decided to…
Are you looking for something snazzy to do with that leftover Thanksgiving turkey? Well, you’ve come to the right place! This Peanut Butter Turkey Satay Recipe will help you get all the leftover turkey gobbled up in no time! This post is sponsored by the National Peanut Board. I received compensation, but all opinions and…
I usually make lasagna in the slow cooker, however, I decided to try something different. As a result, my new Instant Pot Lasagna recipe is way quicker! Imagine, layer upon layer of homemade and perfectly seasoned meaty marinara, tons of cheese, and delicious pasta. About Lasagna Yes, I’m going to babble on about lasagna. It’s…