This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyNutrishPeak #CollectiveBias
Last fall I went to a greek festival. It was so much fun, the culture was lively, packed with great food, happy people, and dancing! Of Course my main reason for going was to get a Lamb Gyros With Tzatziki Sauce! This is one of my favorite foods to eat of all time.
A couple weeks ago, I needed to buy some dog food, so I went online to buy the usual brand that I buy at Walmart.com, and I noticed a new dog food… Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® PEAK Open Range Recipe™ with Beef, Venison & Lamb.
The Open Range Recipe, from Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® PEAK really stood out to me, with it’s protein-rich, grain free ingredients, that are satisfying for my dog’s hunger cravings. They also use real U.S. farm-raised beef as the #1 ingredient. It’s made not only with beef, but it also has venison and lamb. There is 30% of high-quality protein in this recipe. I couldn’t resist these great ingredients, it sound perfect for my girl, who deserves nothing but the best!
A few things I love aboutRachael Ray™ Nutrish® PEAK Dog Food
- It’s made for dogs of all sizes.
- There are no byproducts, artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.
- 0% grains, glutens, or fillers.
- A portion of proceeds help animals in need, through Rachael’s Rescue®
- Made with no Chinese ingredients
If you think about making the switch for your dog, make sure to slowly (over 7 – 10 days) replace your dog’s current food with Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® PEAK until it’s completely switched over.
Valid through this year
You can print this coupon twice
This Lamb Gyros recipe is inspired by Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® PEAK Dog Food. I saw that the dog food included lamb and it got me thinking, we as humans also need high protein-rich foods in our diet. Oh, how I would love to have lamb gyros with tzatziki sauce right at home.
My husband told me I must really be up for a challenge for trying to cook lamb. There were way more steps for cooking this lamb than I thought. I had no idea it would entail so much. It was so worth it though, and getting the texture right really boils down to the preparation method.
This recipe is for humans only. Cook/Prepare/Care for food properly.
- 1lb. lamb shoulder
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 of a yellow onion
- A pinch of salt and pepper
Tzatziki Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cucumber, chopped finely
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp dill, chopped finely
- 1 lemon, the zest of 1 lemon, and the juice from 1/2 of it
- Salt and pepper to taste
Toppings and other Ingredients:
- 10-12 pitas
- Feta Cheese
- Preheat oven to 300ºF. Remove the lamb from the packaging. Cut it into pieces small enough to fit into your food processor. Add the onion, garlic, oregano leaves, salt and pepper. Process this mixture until it is a paste like consistency and all of the ingredients are well mixed. Take the meat out and place on a sheet pan lined with tin foil. Shape the meat into a loaf.
- Bake the loaf for about 30 minutes on the middle rack. It must reach the minimum internal temperature of 145ºF.While it’s cooking, skip down to the tzatziki sauce instructions. Let it rest for 3 minutes after cooking it.Then, as the picture shows below, thinly slice the loaf into about 1/2″ pieces.
- Lay these slices on a cookie sheet lined with tin foil. Broil on the top rack for 3 minutes on each side, or broil on each side until crispy. Watch them very carefully so you don’t burn them! Usually, when I broil things like this I don’t walk away from the stove. I keep a close eye on them the whole time. There is a fine line between crispy and burnt to a crisp!
Tzatziki Sauce Instructions:
You can use a food processor to cut up the cucumber, dill and garlic if you like or you can do it by hand. Just be sure to wash the processor parts, if it is the same one that you had the raw lamb in. In a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients. Yogurt, garlic, dill, lemon zest/juice, salt and pepper. Refrigerate, until it’s time to use it on the gyros.
Visit Rachael Ray™ Nutrish® PEAK’s website, and don’t forget about the amazing $4.00 coupon!
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂