This is one of my favorite ways to eat chicken. It is so delicious and super simple to make. I’m going to share how to make this great Mediterranean Chicken Recipe using either frozen and/or refrigerated chicken breast.
Most of the time, when I buy chicken at the grocery store, I bring it home and throw it in the freezer. I don’t want raw chicken and all those juices in the package hanging around in my fridge near my raw vegetables. That’s just ew!
I know I’m a little funny about raw chicken. Most of my recipes that I develop allow me to use frozen chicken. Plus, it comes out juicy and tasty, so why not?!
Make Mediterranean Spice Mix for your Chicken!
To start we first need to make the super-easy homemade Mediterranean spice mix. This spice mix includes cumin, coriander, rosemary, oregano, cinnamon, and salt. It only takes a couple of minutes to throw some herbs and spices together. This spice mix makes chicken and other meats tasty very savory. I’m not a huge fan of cinnamon, but there are a couple of dishes that it goes perfectly in, and this is one of them! You may be surprised at how delectable it really is!
Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
- 5 chicken breast or thighs (boneless/skinless, frozen)
- 3 Tbsp Mediterranean spice mix
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven 350º F
- Cover bottom of pan in tin foil for easier cleanup
- Place chicken on pan.
- Set timer for 30/15 (frozen/refrigerated) place chicken in oven.
- While waiting mix 1 Tbsp of the Mediterranean Spice Mix with 1 Tbsp or more of olive oil.
- Carefully, using pot holders pull the chicken out of the oven .
- Brush the spice mix and oil over the chicken.
- Place back in the oven for 30/15 (frozen/refrigerated) more minutes.
- Next, check the temperature of the chicken. Bring it up to 165º F.
- Brush again with the spices, make sure to mix some in a new bowl and wash the brush or use a new one, so you don’t cross contaminate from raw to cooked chicken.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 339Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 151mgSodium 146mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 47g
For the most accurate nutritional information, you should calculate the nutritional value of each ingredient yourself. These calculations are provided by a third party and are not expected to be exact. You are solely responsible for ensuring the nutritional information you use is accurate.
Another one of my favorite ways to eat chicken is when I make Chicken Marsala.
I also love to cook Chicken Tetrazzini in the Instant Pot.
We just recently bought an air fryer. So I’m interested in making some new recipes using that. I was thinking about cooking up some Mediterranean chicken to add to wraps, and salads maybe.
- Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken
- Double-Duty Chicken with Olives & Artichokes
- Greek Beef Pitas
- Spanakopita Pinwheels
- Green Olive Tapenade
- Quick and Easy Baklava Squares
- Moroccan Flatbreads
Follow Us On Social Media!
Have questions? Leave me a comment!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂
Share On Pinterest!