One of my favorite things to eat is roasted bell peppers and portobello mushrooms. Just put a little olive oil, salt, and pepper on them and they are delish! In my mushroom pasta recipe, I’ve also included colorful bell peppers, orzo pasta, sweet corn, baby spinach, and a homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, however, all opinions expressed are my own.
I love using fresh and local produce from Florida because it not only supports the local economy but a healthy diet for my family. In case you’d like to buy some bell peppers with the Fresh From Florida logo on them you can find them at Publix.
I love these peppers because they are also super fresh and full of that crisp and delicious flavor I have come to know and love.
Check out the Fresh From Florida label below in the image I’ve provided, so you can grab your fresh and local fruits and veggies too. To learn more about the Fresh From Florida program, and in addition, see more quick and healthy recipes check out their website.
Creating This Mushroom Pasta Recipe
First I created a mushroom and bell pepper sandwich recipe. I top the mushrooms and peppers with cheese, baby spinach, and balsamic vinaigrette. It’s undoubtedly, one of the most gourmet type of foods that I’ve ever made. It’s certainly, right up there with my salmon and brie snacks, and my lamb gyros!
Mushroom Pasta Recipe
- 3 Bell Peppers (chopped into sticks)
- 1/2 Lb. Portobello Mushrooms (pull stem, and slice 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 cup Fresh Corn
- 1 cup Orzo Pasta (cooked)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 5 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Place peppers, mushrooms, and corn on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle about 1 tbsp of olive oil on them.
- Stick them in the oven and cook for about 20-25 minutes, stirring them halfway through.
- While those are cooking…
- Cook orzo pasta.
- Add orzo and spinach, to the bell pepper, corn, and mushroom mix.
- To make balsamic vinaigrette mix 4 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette, and garlic for several minutes until mixed thoroughly.
- Drizzle as much or as little balsamic vinaigrette over the Mushroom Pasta mixture.
- Serve and enjoy! Refrigerate any leftovers.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 436Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 0mgSodium 218mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 5gSugar 9gProtein 9g
For the most accurate nutritional information, you should calculate the nutritional value of each ingredient yourself. These calculations are provided by a third party and are not expected to be exact. You are solely responsible for ensuring the nutritional information you use is accurate.
Other Bell Pepper & Mushroom Recipes
- Bell Pepper Shrimp Cakes
- Fresh Vegetable Frittata
- Breakfast Burrito with bell pepper cream sauce
- How to Dehydrate Bell Peppers
- Fermented Bell Peppers
- Portobello Sandwich Recipe
- Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms Recipe
Follow the Fresh!
- Website: http://www.freshfromflorida.com
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/freshfromfl
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/freshfromflorida
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/freshfromfl
I’d love To Know what you think!… Leave me a comment!
Share On Pinterest!