When you think stockpile, do you think food? I know I do. There are some very important non-food items to stockpile too, that we shouldn’t forget.
FYI, some of these items might be something you can make yourself. For example; some people might make their own deodorant. If you make something yourself, you may want to stockpile the items to make them.
What is FIFO?
Do you know what FIFO is? It stands for First In First Out. Usually, this method is used on food, the oldest food gets eaten first.
When you come home from the grocery store, you place the new stuff in the back. This helps ensure that you don’t have food spoiling.
Non-food items need to be stored using the FIFO method also. Shampoo, soap, etc… all have expiration dates. Many of them MAY last past that date, but it’s still best to use the FIFO method.
Non-Food Items to Stockpile
- Conditioner (if you use it)
- Soap Nuts or laundry detergent (here’s my homemade laundry detergent recipe)
- Bar soap
- Toilet paper
- Cloth napkins & Unpaper towels (alternative to buying paper towels) If there is a water shortage, having real paper towels might also be a benefit.
- Lip Balm (Here’s my recipe to make your own)
- Sewing kits
- Suture Kit ( linking to a practice kit)
- Bug Repellent Spray and/or Roll-on bug Repellent for on-the-go.
- Toothbrushes (Buy them in bulk)
- Office supplies, like paper, paper clips, rubber bands. (buy a kit)
- Batteries – all sizes you might need
- Outdoor solar lights/flashlights
- LED Lanterns/Solar Lanterns
- Candles – Get emergency candles. They burn for a long time.
- Matches – strike anywhere if you can find them
- Hair ties – For the long haired people, you know what it is…
- Medicine – pain reliever, fever reducer, heartburn meds, cold, cough, allergy, etc…
- Vinegar – It’s cheap and has many uses, especially cleaning.
- Peroxide – Good for first aid, and even cleaning.
- Hand sanitizer
- Rubbing alcohol
- Garbage bags
- Castor Oil
- Antibiotic Ointment
- Essential Oils
- Baby wipes
- Paper plates and utensils – good if there is a water shortage.
- Feminine products – think about including a menstrual cup too. If your tampons run out ladies… Just sayin…
- First aid supplies
- Dish soap
- Plastic zipper bags
- Duct tape
- Rope – paracord, nylon string
- Activated charcoal
- Epsom salt
- Colloidal silver
- Pet first aid kit
- Emergency dental kit
- Heirloom seeds
- Lamp oil
- Baking soda
- Bentonite clay (Make toothpaste and many other uses)
- Medicine droppers
- Washboard sink & Manual clothes wringer (for washing clothes with no electricity.)
- Cloth diapers
- Glue – (an assortment of glue like super glue or wood glue etc…)
- Nails and bolts
- Tools for projects
- Weather/emergency radio
- Manicure/Pedicure Kit
- Dental Floss
- Knife sharpener
- Emergency Toilet (bucket toilet)
- Garden tools
- Diatomaceous Earth
- Mouse and Rat Traps
- Other Pest traps
- Witch Hazel
What did I miss? Let me know in the comments!
Follow us on social media!
Have questions? Leave me a comment!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂
Share on Pinterest!