I’m pretty proud of my new One Pot Turkey and Pasta Recipe. It is delicious. Additionally, it’s kid and husband approved at my house already!
I don’t know about you, but I’m loving these one-pot dinners. What’s not to love? Using fewer pots and pans while cooking, or just simplifying dinner.
Weeknights are crazy busy. We have school, work, extracurriculars, and also there are bathing. There’s so much that goes into a day. Finding yummy better for you recipes, that are easy to make can be a challenge.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BackToButterball #CollectiveBias
New Recipes In, Old Recipes Out…
I have a list of favorite recipes that I use in my house. Certainly, It was time to refresh our favorites, and try to add in more vegetables, and better for you ingredients. For that reason, I started brainstorming and researching.
I have a lot of recipes that use ground beef. Ground beef has been played out too many times at this point, and I wanted something different, and better for us. So I thought, what about turkey?
One Pot Turkey and Pasta Recipe
- 1 lb. Butterball Ground Turkey
- 2-3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 white onion (diced)
- 1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tsp dried thyme *optional
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups bowtie pasta (use gluten free pasta is you want)
- 2 cups baby spinach (packed)
- Over medium heat, brown and saute Butterball Ground Turkey, onion, garlic, and mushroom.
- Sprinkle thyme, garlic powder, and salt into the pot, then stir well.
- Mix cornstarch and water in a small cup.
- Add cornstarch to the turkey mixture, and stir continuously until mixed thoroughly.
- Turn the heat up to medium high.
- Very slowly pour in milk a little at a time. Add a splash of milk, stir for a few minutes, until sauce or liquid has thickened. Repeat this process, until you mix in all of the milk.
- Place spinach and bowtie pasta in the pot, and mix well.
- Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes, (stirring occasionally) or until bowtie pasta is done.
- Serve and enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 467Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 126mgSodium 733mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 37g
For the most accurate nutritional information, you should calculate the nutritional value of each ingredient yourself. These calculations are provided by a third party and are not expected to be exact. You are solely responsible for ensuring the nutritional information you use is accurate.
Admittedly, this dish was a huge hit at my house! I not only love that it’s packed full of flavor, but also that it uses better for you ingredients, and it was quick and easy to make on a Monday night! I’d love to hear your favorite quick and easy weeknight meals. I am still looking for more recipes to refresh our favorite’s list! Leave me a comment with one of your recipes!
Follow Butterball on Social Media!
I’d love To Know what you think!… Leave me a comment!
Share On Pinterest!