This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BackToButterball #CollectiveBias
I don’t know about you, but I’m loving these one pot dinners. What’s not to love? Using less pots and pans while cooking, or just simplifying dinner. Weeknights are crazy busy. We have school, work, extracurriculars, showers and more. There’s so much that goes into a day. Finding yummy better for you recipes, that are easy to make can be a challenge. I’m pretty proud of my new One Pot Turkey and Pasta Recipe. It is delicious, plus it’s kid and husband approved at my house already!
New recipes in, old recipes out…
I have a list of favorite recipes that I use in my house. I felt like it was time to refresh our favorites, and try to add in more vegetables, and better for you ingredients. I started brainstorming, and researching. I have a lot of recipes that use ground beef. I feel like ground beef has been played out too many times at this point, and I wanted something different, and better for us. So I thought, what about turkey?
I went to Walmart to see what I could find. I found some Butterball® Ground Turkey on the shelf in the poultry and meat section. It’s all natural with no artificial ingredients, which I love! I compared the ground beef I usually buy with the Butterball Ground Turkey. I found the Butterball Ground Turkey is lower in fat and calories, making it a fantastic alternative! Inspiration instantly struck me, and I grabbed the ingredients to try it out! It went over so well with the kids and my husband, it’s definitely making the favorite’s list. I’m now thinking I will probably need to add more ground turkey recipes to our favorites!
Over medium heat, brown and saute Butterball Ground Turkey, onion, garlic, and mushroom.
Sprinkle thyme, garlic powder, and salt into the pot, then stir well.
Next mix cornstarch and water together in a small cup. Add the cornstarch to turkey mixture, and stir continuously until mixed thoroughly.
Turn the heat up to medium high. Then, very slowly pour in milk a little at a time. Add a splash of milk, stir for a few minutes, until sauce or liquid has thickened. Repeat this process, until you mix in all of the milk.
Place spinach and bowtie pasta in the pot, and mix well. Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes, (stirring occasionally) or until bowtie pasta is done.
Serve and enjoy! Refrigerate leftovers properly.
Expires 10/31 or while supplies last
One Pot Turkey and Pasta Recipe
- 1lb. Butterball Ground Turkey
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme *optional
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (cornstarch as a thickener for the sauce, it’s gluten free)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups bowtie pasta (to make this recipe gluten free, use gluten free bowties)
- 2 cups baby spinach, packed
- Over medium heat, brown and saute Butterball Ground Turkey, onion, garlic, and mushroom.
- Sprinkle thyme, garlic powder, and salt into the pot, then stir well.
- Mix cornstarch and water in a small cup.
- Add cornstarch to the turkey mixture, and stir continuously until mixed thoroughly.
- Turn the heat up the heat to medium high.
- Very slowly pour in milk a little add a time. Add a splash of milk, stir for a few minutes, until sauce or liquid has thickened. Repeat this process, until you mix in all of the milk.
- Place spinach and bowtie pasta in the pot, and mix well.
- Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes, (stirring occasionally) or until bowtie pasta is done.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers properly.
Check out more awesome recipes using ground turkey!
This dish was a huge hit in my house! I love that it’s packed full of flavor, uses better for you ingredients, and it was quick and easy to make on a Monday night! I’d love to hear your favorite quick and easy weeknight meals. I am still looking for more recipes to refresh our favorite’s list! Leave me a comment with one of your recipes!
Follow Butterball on Social Media!
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂