Summer is just around the corner. Moms are in need of outdoor summer activities for kids! I wanted to find some different ideas for this summer. As you know or now you will, I have 3 boys! My ideas are NOT geared towards pretty pink things most of the time, but I tried to keep the girls in mind somewhat without splitting up what is for girls and what is for boys because well, the kids can decide if they like something no matter the context or color. I hope there is a little something for everyone here. Big or little kids, girls and boys! I also have a Rainy Day Activities Post if you want to check that out.
Fun Activities with items you may have laying around the house
- A fun activity that my boys got to do at their field day was whip cream twister! All you need is lots of whip cream, food dye, and a tarp. Write down commands such as right foot on red. Put all the commands in a bowl, and pull one out at a time. The kids had so much fun doing this!
- Have a picnic in the backyard, or at a playground or park. Bring a blanket and some pbj! The kids will love a different setting for lunch. Getting outside is great for the soul!
- Dig in the dirt, study some bugs! Use a microscope to look closely at the dirt. Or a magnifying glass to look at the bugs up close!
- Do some gardening. More digging in the dirt. It is a fruitful adventure to plant a garden! Kids love to see things grow. There are so many great lessons in gardening with kids. The plants are growing just as they are.
- Throw a dance party. Just you and the kids in the backyard!
- Paint some rocks to go in the garden or along the walkways. Make them look like lady bugs or fairies, or superman, spiderman, or whatever is you kids favorite thing.
Affiliate links are included in this post! See disclaimer.
Outdoor summer activities for kids –
1. Kites – are always fun. Once, you get the hang of it 😉
3. Flag Football Belt – You would need several players for this but invite some friends over and have a blast!
4. Mega Marbles Set – These marbles are really cool. If you look around on amazon, you may see that they have lots of cool colored marbles. Marbles are a lot of fun and all you need is a smooth surface. If you don’t have one outside just use some cardboard! Fold up the sides so the marbles do not escape.
Source: Fix.com Blog
5. Parachute – Remember these? We used to do these in a big group at school. This one is small enough for a small family! I have been looking for one of these. One of my most favorite activities. I remember it giving me a feeling of peace and happiness. Sounds funny but it must have some kind of great effect, because I always remember all of the kids and the teachers were smiling!
6. The Little Gym Ninja Action Mat – This looks cool. Looks like it is a great active activity! Now lets run the energy out of these little people!
7. Crayola 48 Count Sidewalk Chalk (51-2048) Everyone loves chalk. We used to play four square and hopscotch this way!
8. POOF Pop Fly – Another great reason to have some extra bean bags. This pop fly game looks really cool. You hit the button with your bean bag, and a ball with fly out of the pit. A great way to actively work on your throwing and catching skills.
9. Dodge Tag– A cool flip on the game dodge. Using Velcro and soft balls, no one is getting a bloody nose from the hard balls.
10. Splish Splash Seas Water Table with Umbrella – This is great for toddlers. It looks like a blast.
11. MegaChess Giant Plastic Chess Set– If your kids like to play chess, they will love this giant chess board.
12. Bruder Mack Granite Dump Truck – I put this truck on here, because it is huge! I have been looking for some outside trucks like this that are different from the Tonka dump trucks. It is a little pricey, but it looks awesome!
13. Wham-o Slip N Slide A great way to cool off on a hot day, and provide lots of active entertainment!
14. Nerf Walkie Talkies – For my boys, this would provide hours of entertainment!
15. Giant Road Carpet – I love these, on a sunny day you can take it outside!
16.Giant Kick Croquet Set – This giant croquet set looks really fun. It looks like a great active game!
17. Ride-On Life Size American Buffalo Stuffed Animal– This. Wow. I had to add this just to give you all a good laugh. For almost $3,000 you can buy a Ride on lifelike American Buffalo stuffed toy. I kid you not. Why a buffalo? Well, I suppose riding Buffalo is what we do duh! I was hoping for some really funny reviews, but unfortunately no one has reviewed it yet. 🙁
18. Crane with Lights and Sounds– Like the big truck above that you saw, this is a big tractor that I thought was really awesome. Again, a little pricey.
19. Periscope – I thought this would be cool to have. The boys love pretend play and I think that they would use this cute little periscope!
20. Complete Cooking Set – A cute little pan set to make mud pies in!
21. Mud Pie Kitchen While we are at it, they have this cute little mud pie kitchen also! How fun!
22. Indoor Outdoor Cooktop – You might could add this to your mud pie kitchen!
23. Small Swimming Pool – A small pool is a must this summer right?! Not so unique but it is a must!
24. Sprinkler – Also, not unique but a summer must have!
25. Baseball Glove and Ball Set – Just play some ball, or work on throwing and catching skills!
I hope that you have found something new, that your kids will love. Hopefully we can add to this list and make it really awesome in the next few years. I wish all of you a wonderful happy, healthy, and fun summer!
Do you have any more ideas to add? I would love to hear what you are planning this summer!
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂