Like me, I’m sure you’re tired of seeing pumpkin spice everywhere. It’s time to take back the best time of the year with a pumpkin soup that is not flavored with cinnamon for goodness sake! My Pumpkin Ginger Coconut Soup is delicious and a wonderful way to eat pumpkin!
Oven and Solar Oven Recipe
I’ve written this recipe so that you can use a regular oven or a solar oven. You are basically just roasting the veggies until they get soft.
It takes about an hour in an oven, and 2-3 hours in a solar oven. I have a Sunflair Solar oven, and I am loving it!
I also have some of their bakeware to use with the oven. Their 3lb. round roaster worked perfectly to make this soup!
Pumpkin Ginger Coconut Soup Recipe
Pumpkin Ginger Coconut Soup Recipe:
- 1-2 cups pumpkin
- 7-10 carrots (sliced)
- 3 bell peppers (diced)
- 12 oz ginger (sliced thin)
- 1 8oz coconut milk (canned)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- a dash of Mrs Dash for garnish
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven at 350º F or for a solar oven 200-250º F. Times will vary, Remember to use OVEN MITTS.
- Start with the 1-2 cups of pumpkin, place them in your solar oven bakeware or a casserole dish for a regular oven.
- Add carrots, bell peppers, vegetable broth, and salt to the pan. Mix well.
- Bake until vegetables are soft, this should take about an hour. Stir after 30 minutes.
- Sauté ginger in olive oil. Add it to the vegetable mix.
- Puree vegetable mix with a food processor. Add coconut milk to some of the mixture and blend that in as well.
- Place the whole mixture in a bowl and stir well.
- Garnish with Mrs. Dash and serve!
This is a great combination of ingredients. Who needs cinnamon to spice up pumpkin?
Not this girl. I hope you like the recipe! I served mine with dinner rolls for fun. My vegetable loving child approved! Days later and he is still talking about it! I think it’s a hit!
Follow us on social media!
Have questions? Leave me a comment!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂
Share on Pinterest!