My Roasted Portabella Sandwich is tangy, and cheesy, on a hot, toasted bread! These roasted mushrooms are amazing to eat all by themselves! I can hardly keep from eating them all up before I make them into something even better.
I served them to my children. My middle child said, “What is this?” I told him mushrooms and he said oh it is kind of like meat. I said exactly! They are very meaty little things! Great observation there homeschooled child. 😉
The oldest child loved the sandwich and ate every bit. He loves everything. My youngest child, he is funny. He ate all of the mushrooms and only a little bit of the bread.
Making Balsamic Vinaigrette For This Roasted Portabella Sandwich Is Easy!
1 part balsamic vinegar. 2 parts olive oil. Mix well and wah la! You have balsamic vinaigrette.
Where To Get Special Balsamic Vinegar
Earlier this year, my husband and I decided to get a Costco membership. I’ve kinda fell in love with the place. The food is absolutely amazing.
I only mentioning it because, I recently ran out of the balsamic vinegar I typically use to make my vinaigrette.
I ended up buying a bottle at costco of course. Oh my WORD! So many things that I buy at Costco surprises me on taste, but this? WOW! I can’t even. I’ve tried many brands of balsamic vinaigrette, but this is the BEST!
If you don’t have a membership at costco you can still buy this same stuff on Amazon. Here’s the link to the Kirkland Aged Balsamic Vinegar. However, right now with everything going on in the world the price is absolutely ridiculous!
So maybe if you know someone with a memership ask them to pick you up a bottle. It’s much more inexpensive at Costco. However, after tasting this stuff I’d totally be willing to pay the hefty price.
Especially, since the bottle usually lasts me a while!
Roasted Portabella Sandwich
- 1 pkg (about 4 tops) portabella mushrooms (sliced long ways thin)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced long ways thin)
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter (pan frying only)
- non-stick spray (for panini grill only)
- 8 slices of bread
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- In a bowl, place the mushrooms and bell pepper, olive oil, and salt and pepper and mix well. Add more oil if they look really dry still. I don’t always measure I just try to eyeball it.
- Add mushrooms and bell peppers to a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Roast mushrooms and bell pepper for about 20 – 25 minutes, turning them about halfway through. I usually just give them a rough stir around.
- Heat up panini grill. Or you could use a frying pan if you like.
- Toast your bread.
- Once your bread is toasted, place a slice of provolone on each slice of bread.
- Now, place the mushrooms, bell peppers, and then the baby spinach on one side of the bread.
- Drizzle a bit of balsamic vinaigrette and close up the sandwich and grill it for just a few more minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted.
- Serve and enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 604Total Fat 43gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 69mgSodium 1009mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 2gSugar 6gProtein 21g
For the most accurate nutritional information, you should calculate the nutritional value of each ingredient yourself. These calculations are provided by a third party and are not expected to be exact. You are solely responsible for ensuring the nutritional information you use is accurate.
Other Mushroom & Bell Pepper Recipes
- Mushroom Pasta Recipe
- Caprese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Bell Pepper Shrimp Cakes
- Breakfast Burritos with Bell Pepper Cream Sauce
- Fresh Vegetable Frittata
Follow Us On Social Media!
Have questions? Leave me a comment!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂
Share On Pinterest!