What do you call stuffing? I used to call it dressing but I think I have been around my british in-laws too much, and that’s what they call it. Talk about rubbing off on me! If this Sausage Stuffing Recipe doesn’t suite your fancy check out my post on 5 Great Holiday Stuffing Recipes.
Sausage Stuffing Recipe
Cook/prepare/care for food properly!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2-3 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2+ cups chicken or turkey stock or broth
- 3-4 Sage leaves, chopped fine or 2 tsp dried sage
- 1 package roll sausage
- 4 cups bread crumbs (Or make them yourself by dicing 8-12 slices of bread, spread them over a cookie sheet and cook on 350ºF for 15 minutes.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onion, celery, and garlic in olive oil.
- Add sausage, brown, and cook thoroughly.
- Stir in butter and sage. Allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Add breadcrumbs.
- Stir in a little bit of stock at a time. Do this until all of the bread is soft and has soaked up all of the liquid.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve and enjoy! Refrigerate leftovers.
Hey, are you looking for more Thanksgiving recipes? I have a ton! Just check out our post with everything you need to cook Thanksgiving dinner. There is virtually, every Thanksgiving recipe I have on the blog. My deviled egg recipes is to die for! Just try it, it’s super easy to make. I have been making them lately even though the holiday has come and gone. Having chickens mean endless deviled eggs for us. YAY! Tell me what you think about my Sausage Stuffing recipe below.
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂