Oh, how I love this sautéed cabbage recipe! The taste is really wonderful. Garlic, butter, pepper, and salt is really all you need to make this amazing dish!
I’ve never been a huge fan of cooked cabbage. I like a good slaw, but cooked cabbage has never really been on my menu, until now!
Maybe it’s just my taste buds. Maybe they’ve changed over the years, but this recipe is so good!
Sautéed Cabbage Recipe
I can cook up a huge head of cabbage for me and my husband and not have leftovers, it’s just that good.
It’s a little hard to fit a whole head of cabbage in one pan until it cooks down.
This is such a simple recipe with only 4 ingredients.
Cabbage and garlic sautéed in butter, with just a sprinkle of salt and pepper for taste.
- 1/2 head cabbage (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 stick butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large saucepan on medium heat.
- Add in the cabbage and garlic. It is okay if the cabbage barely fits, it will shrink down as it cooks, so no worries.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn down heat to simmer for about 10-15 minutes covered, stirring occasionally or until the cabbage is soft.
- Serve and enjoy! 🙂
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 325Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 81mgSodium 358mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 3g
For the most accurate nutritional information, you should calculate the nutritional value of each ingredient yourself. These calculations are provided by a third party and are not expected to be exact. You are solely responsible for ensuring the nutritional information you use is accurate.
It’s so simple, right? I just love this recipe it’s my favorite way to eat cabbage, and it also helps that you can make it dirt cheap!
What’s your favorite way to each cooked cabbage? Do you have a favorite cabbage recipe? I’d love to hear all about it in the comments!
Other Cabbage Recipes
- Kimchi, by Homestead Wishing
- Fermented Sauerkraut, by Homestead Wishing
- Roasted Cabbage Wedges, by Martha Stewart
- Lemon Garlic Sautéed Cabbage, by Inspired Taste
- Parmesan Garlic Cabbage, by Real House Moms
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon, by Dinner at the Zoo
I’d love To Know what you think!… Leave me a comment!
Share On Pinterest!
Latest Recipes From Homestead Wishing
- Beef Enchiladas Recipe | Smothered With Enchilada Sauce And Cheese
- Vegetarian Enchiladas With Bell Peppers And Tons Of Cheese!
- Cheese And Onion Enchiladas | No-Bake Easy Enchiladas
- Chicken Enchiladas With Shredded Chicken And Tons of Cheese
- Quick Enchilada Sauce | 10 Minute Red Enchilada Sauce
- How To Make Tomato Juice Using Pantry Items | Homemade Tomato Juice
- Instant Pot Recipes Vegetarian | 30+ Pressure Cooker Recipes!
- Best Fajita Recipe | Best Beef Fajita Recipe
- How to Ferment Vegetables | Tips and Tricks For Beginners
- French Fried Onions Recipe | For Green Bean Casserole and More!