How to say no!
Saying no to cereal is not easy. Here is a list of items that we eat for breakfast. I hope these simple ideas will help or motivate your family to moving into the next step or just give you more ideas for a healthier breakfast! I have provided the recipes for the homemade items, and I freeze these items to make preparing breakfast a lot faster!
Cook/prepare/care for food properly. See disclaimer.
Why say no to cereal?
Breakfast items list:
- Whole Wheat Biscuits – Add organic maple syrup, honey, butter, jam, pear butter, or jelly
- Butter Biscuits – Add organic maple syrup, honey, butter, jam, pear butter, jelly, sausage, eggs, and/or cheese
- Pancakes – Add Organic maple syrup, honey, bananas, berries or other fruit, jam, pear butter, jelly, or butter
- Toast – Made with Homemade bread – Add organic syrup, honey, butter, jam, pear butter, jelly, sausage, eggs, and/or cheese
- Breakfast Burritos – We like to add ketchup!
- Oatmeal – Add organic maple syrup, fruit like bananas, honey, jam, pear butter, or jelly
- Grits – Add butter and maybe a piece of toast!
- Smoothies – Just add a straw!
- Fruit – bananas, pears, apples, grapes, berries, oranges or any other
- Chocolate Granola Bars
*I buy my organic maple syrup from Trader Joe’s. They have a great price! Try not to use just any old syrup on the shelf, because most of the name brand pancake syrups are not maple syrup they are high fructose syrup. Real maple syrup has beneficial properties, but fructose does not. It is more expensive but I made the switch by just giving the kids a smaller amount of syrup. I feel better giving them something that they love, but that is also good for them!
Cook/prepare/care for food properly! Speak to your doctor before changing your diet! Please see disclaimer.
- Strawberry Jam Recipe
- Pear Butter Recipe
- Beautyberry Jelly recipe
- Butter Biscuit Recipe
- Whole Wheat Biscuit Recipe
- Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- Chocolate Granola Bar Recipe
- Smoothie Recipe
- Homemade Bread Recipe
- How to store and restore homemade bread
Do you have more breakfast ideas?
Let Me Know What You Think
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment or a question below… Thank you for visiting. 🙂