This is so good. If you never had the pleasure of eating Salisbury Steak, you’re missing out! This is pretty simple to make and definitely a family favorite! The boys ask for mom’s special hamburgers all the time and say that they are simply the best ever!
When I was a kid I used to eat the little T.V. dinner with Salisbury Steak with mashed potatoes and gravy. It was so good! Now you can have that right at home!
I’ve made a mock Salisbury Steak Recipe of the way the t.v dinner tasted. I love to cook the foods that I used to eat when I was a kid. Cooking them from scratch instead of buying processed food is so much better for you.
Salisbury Steak Recipe:
Salisbury Steak Recipe
- 8 hamburger patties (I actually love to use these frozen patties. They’re called Flanigan’s I believe. I find them at Walmart. They’re in a bright orange box.)
- 8 oz white button mushrooms (*optional)
- 2 -3 tbsp grease (from cooking the hamburgers)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups beef broth
- Cook burgers according to package directions and saute mushrooms. Set burgers aside. Leave 3 Tbsp of grease in pan to make gravy.
- For the gravy. Add flour to the hot grease.
- Stir briskly until combined.
- Next, slowly add Worcestershire sauce when combined then add beef broth and salt to mixture while continually stirring.
- While continuing to stir… Cook on medium high until gravy thickens up.
- Add the burgers back to the pan, heat thoroughly and serve.
Want to make more T.V. dinners? Check out this post, it has some great information!
Follow us on social media!
Have questions? Leave me a comment!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂
Share on Pinterest!