I’ve made a mock Salisbury Steak Recipe from my memories of eating a T.V. dinner in my childhood. I love to cook the foods that I used to eat when I was a kid. Cooking them from scratch instead of buying processed food is so much better for you.
If you’ve never had the pleasure of eating Salisbury Steak, you’re missing out! It’s simple to make and definitely a family favorite! The boys ask for mom’s special hamburgers all the time and say that they are simply the best ever!
When I was a kid I used to eat the little T.V. dinner with Salisbury Steak with mashed potatoes and gravy. It was so good! Now you can have that right at home!
Salisbury Steak Recipe
- 8 hamburger patties (I actually love to use these frozen patties. They're called Flanders I believe. I find them at Walmart. They're in a bright orange box.)
- 8 oz white button mushrooms (*optional)
- 2 -3 tbsp grease (from cooking the hamburgers)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups beef broth
- Cook burgers according to package directions and saute mushrooms. Set burgers aside. Leave 3 Tbsp of grease in pan to make gravy.
- For the gravy. Add flour to the hot grease.
- Stir briskly until combined.
- Next, slowly add Worcestershire sauce when combined then add beef broth and salt to mixture while continually stirring.
- While continuing to stir… Cook on medium-high until gravy thickens up.
- Add the burgers back to the pan, heat thoroughly and serve.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 758Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 163mgSodium 1403mgCarbohydrates 60gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 48g
For the most accurate nutritional information, you should calculate the nutritional value of each ingredient yourself. These calculations are provided by a third party and are not expected to be exact. You are solely responsible for ensuring the nutritional information you use is accurate.
Want to make more T.V. dinners? Check out this post, it has some great information!
More Recipes You’ll Love!
- Best Fajita Recipe | Best Beef Fajita Recipe
- How to Ferment Vegetables | Tips and Tricks For Beginners
- French Fried Onions Recipe | For Green Bean Casserole and More!
- Peanut Butter Turkey Satay Recipe | Leftover Thanksgiving Recipes
- Instant Pot Lasagna | Pot in Pot Recipe
Follow Us On Social Media!
Have questions? Leave me a comment!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂
Share On Pinterest!