These Steamed Shrimp Instant Pot directions are so super easy! All you need is the shrimp of your choice, some water, a steamer basket or PIP, and an Instant Pot!
It doesn’t matter if you’re cooking fresh or frozen! I’ve got the directions for you to cook shrimp in the Instant pot.
Steaming Shrimp in The Instant Pot for Other Recipes
The other day I was making Shrimp Cakes. I didn’t even think about it beforehand, that I had no clue how I was going to cook the shrimp!
I just thought there’s got be a way to steam it in the instant pot!
Looking at the recipe booklet that came with the instant pot, I saw that they have suggested cooking times! Ah hah, Eureka!
That made my job so much easier!
I made super small shrimp from frozen raw for the Shrimp Cakes and they were so perfect.
The texture was perfect, and they weren’t rubbery at all. I haven’t tried this method with any other size shrimp, just to warn you! I’m sure it will work just fine.
The booklet says…
The booklet says 1-3 minutes for fresh shrimp, and 2-4 minutes for frozen. I cooked about 1 1/2 lbs. for 2 minutes and they came out perfect!
Steamed Shrimp Instant Pot Directions:
Steamed Shrimp Instant Pot Directions
- 1-2 cups water
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen shrimp (peeled and deveined, preferably)
- Add water to your Instant Pot liner.
- Place the shrimp into a basket, or a pot-in-pot (PIP).
- Put the basket or PIP in the instant pot liner, (the PIP will need a trivet.)
- Place the lid on and close it. Set the pressure valve to sealing.
For Fresh Shrimp
- Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the shrimp. Small shrimp should cook for about 1 minute. Large shrimp 3 minutes, and so on…
- Press the “Steam” button, and adjust the time using the (+ -) to 1-3 minutes.
For Frozen Shrimp
- Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the shrimp. Small shrimp should cook for about 2 minutes. Large shrimp 4 minutes, and so on…
- Press the “Steam” button, and adjust the time using the (+ -) to 2-4 minutes.
- Quick release the pressure. Make sure the float valve is down, and then open the lid.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Other Serving Suggestions
Steaming shrimp in the Instant Pot is quick and easy and the results are fantastic!
You can add Old Bay or a different cajun seasoning to the water if you want to spice it up!
Or you can steam the shrimp like normal, and add lemon juice,after you’ve cooked them, and put a butter dip on the side.
You could also do what I did and add them to a recipe like Shrimp Cakes! Those shrimp cakes were OH SO GOOD!
Follow us on Social Media!
Let Me Know What You Think!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂