These Strawberry Lemon Bars are bringing back some good memories. Like drinking pink lemonade on a hot summer’s day. I know you’re going to love the sweet and tart flavors of these bars!
This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, however, all opinions expressed are my own.
Making Strawberry Lemon Bars with Fresh Strawberries
Did you know, Fresh From Florida strawberries are in season right now? That’s right! It’s important to eat seasonally if you want to eat more nutritious and fresher foods.
Why? Since, out of season produce is usually picked early and shipped all over (which takes time), it loses some of its nutrients.
I’m so thankful I have access to super fresh strawberries grown right here in Florida. I found these Fresh From Florida Strawberries at Publix. I also got my lemons from Florida. My neighbor has Meyer Lemon trees! Thanks neighbor!
Thanks to Florida Farmers I can eat local and seasonal foods year-round!
Check out more cool recipes on the Fresh From Florida Website!
When I’m shopping I look for that Fresh From Florida label (pictured below) on items such as produce, seafood, and especially these delicious strawberries!
Strawberry Lemon Bars Recipe
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter (cubed)
- 1 cup strawberries (sliced)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (you can use vanilla extract if you don’t have almond)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 1/3 cup granola (I found a vanilla almond flavor)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon Juice
- 1 cup white icing
- In a medium bowl whisk, salt, flour & baking powder together.
- Fold the butter into the flour mix.
- Then using a small bowl mix the egg, brown sugar, and almond extract together.
- Combine the brown sugar mix with the flour mix. Mix with a spoon for a couple of turns, then mix with your hands. This should make a beautiful dough.
- Roll out dough to fit in the bottom of a 9×9 baking pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 9×9 square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place sliced strawberries on top of the dough in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the granola on top of the strawberries.
- Mix lemon juice with white icing in a small bowl.
- Drizzle icing over the granola
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and chill for a few hours.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Nutrition InformationYield 9 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 364Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 34mgSodium 180mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 3gSugar 31gProtein 5g
For the most accurate nutritional information, you should calculate the nutritional value of each ingredient yourself. These calculations are provided by a third party and are not expected to be exact. You are solely responsible for ensuring the nutritional information you use is accurate.
See more Strawberry Recipes on the Fresh From Florida Website!
Strawberry Lemon Bars Recipe Tutorial
Just to note, I played around with this recipe a little bit. I tried making more dough, so that I could make a tart instead of a bar. They turned out pretty good, but I liked the bars better.
For the tutorial, I had to use some of the images for the tart. I had some technical issues and had to improvise.
1. In a medium bowl whisk the flour, salt, and baking powder together.
2. Add the pads of butter to the flour mix.
3. Fold the butter into the flour.
4. Next, add brown sugar, almond extract, and the egg to a small bowl.
5. Whisk these ingredients together.
6. Then, add the brown sugar mix to the flour mix.
7. Mix with a spoon for a couple of turns, then mix with your hands. This should make a beautiful dough.
8. Line your baking pan with parchment paper.
9. To make the Strawberry Lemon Bars, you’ll want to roll out the dough to fit on the bottom of the pan.
If you want to make a Strawberry Lemon Tart, roll out the dough big enough to go up the sides of the pan. (I’ll give you the ingredients below.)
10. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
11. For the Strawberry Lemon Bars, place a single layer of strawberries on top of the dough.
For the TART, add enough strawberry layers to fill in 3/4 of the dough’s height.
13. Next, sprinkle the granola over the top of the strawberries.
13. Next mix the icing and lemon juice.
14. Drizzle the icing over the top of the Strawberry Lemon Bars or tart.
15. Then, bake.
For the Strawberry Lemon Bars, bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes.
For the Strawberry Lemon TART, Bake on 350ºF for about 40 minutes.
16. Allow to cool, then chill for a couple of hours. Lastly, cut into squares.
You Might Also Like
Follow Fresh From Florida on Social Media! They Share Amazing Recipes!
Also, check out the Fresh From Florida website for more recipes!
Follow Us On Social Media!
Have questions? Leave me a comment!
I would love to know what you think, Please leave me a comment! Thank you for visiting. 🙂
Share On Pinterest!